At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. If you want to hear from some of our Accufolk about what it's like to work for us, take a look at a video from our 2022 summer conference!
Life as a Partnerships Manager at Accurx...
With widespread use of Accurx in Primary Care, we're now focused on having the same impact on NHS Acute, Community and Mental Health Trusts (Secondary Care). We have ambitious plans to grow these Secondary care users by 5x over the next 12 months, at the same time as developing our approach to commercialisation in Secondary care.
We are currently working with trusts in Innovation Partnerships, running pilots and focusing on adoption so that we can learn what our users (healthcare staff) really want, need and use. We have simple features that users are telling us work really well, but we still need to create a value proposition and grow relationships with senior stakeholders in secondary care that will enable us to trial, iterate, learn and scale at pace.
We are looking for someone who will collaborate with the Partnerships Leads to build and grow relationships that lead to widespread adoption of our products across Secondary Care. You'll also play a key role in shaping the partnerships department in this early stage and in continuing to develop our commercial strategy.
What will our Partnerships Manager be doing?
In your first 6 months, the focus will be on building and nurturing strong relationships with NHS Trusts
- Supporting partner research e.g. stakeholder mapping, competitor analysis, understanding digital plans and strategies
- Preparing materials for pitching and presentations
- Building out a strong, well qualified pipeline of opportunites
- Leading outreach to new partners via calls and email, understanding partner needs, demoing our products
- Feeding your learnings back to the product teams to ensure that we're building what our users need, and what our customers want to buy
- Working closely with Trusts to increase their product usage through innovative partnerships, pilots and helping them access implementation support
- Supporting with project management of tendering processes and bid responses
- Supporting to build out the partnerships function, with the processes and tools we need to help us hit our ambitious growth targets
What the team say...
“Every day in Partnerships at Accurx is inspiring and rewarding. It’s a hugely exciting time to join the team as we scale quickly, building relationships and partnerships that really make a different for NHS front line staff. Every day is full of variety and the right amount of challenge, all while learning from my talented colleagues and having a great time while we do it.” Rosie, Partnerships Lead
We'd really like to hear from you, if...
- You have experience in working in partnerships, account management, or sales
- You have a proven track record in developing and growing relationships with new partners/accounts
- You're relatable and personable, and you care about building meaningful, genuine relationships with partners
- You have a bias for action - you're willing to get stuck in and do what it takes to make things happen
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You’re resilient and enjoy the variety and pace that a role in partnerships brings
- You love solving problems, and relish the constant challenges a start-up throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- The healthcare industry is something you are passionate about or you already have experience in it
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits package:
- £45,000 - £65,000 salary + the value of £31,500 share options
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our employee handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Accurx provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Accurx is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Accurx
Gender diversity (male:female)
45% Male : 55% Women
Liverpool Street, London
£36m in Series A & B
What employees are saying
"Amazing company to work for. Company culture is amazing. When I let my friends know of all the activities and benefits of the company, they want to work for the company as well. So I am super happy that I found this company. Totally amazing workplace and people."
Anonymous accuRx Employee