A little flex time
What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
We have over 260+ talented employees serving over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally. Backed by investors including FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North, Paddle aims to define the next wave of B2B SaaS leaders.
Our Core engineering team is expanding to a group of teams. The Core group is responsible for acting as enablers for our Product engineering teams and to help them build a single, cohesive platform. This is done via driving technical and architecture strategy and vision, building tooling to help with local development as well as shared libraries and APIs for common platform functionality utilised by multiple domains.
You'll be a part of a friendly and expanding team of talented engineers, working on the newest parts of the Paddle ecosystem and helping our Software Sellers sell their products on a platform they trust and rely on. We’re changing how billing and commerce are thought of for SaaS companies which requires combining both a stable platform and a flexible and discovery based approach to building out the product. Our people are extremely important to us, so strong mentoring and personal development skills are key.
Teams are empowered to use the right language for the job for our services, which at the moment for us means using Golang and PHP with a range of AWS services. We will give you the freedom to make technology and tooling decisions and educate the rest of your colleagues accordingly. You'll be involved in technical decisions with your team and across the department, ensuring the team is working in the right way, and developing your team both personally and professionally.
Working with the other engineering managers and our CTO, you'll also help guide the department engineering principles, ensuring a good mix of Reliability, Scalability and Performance whilst helping to deliver our business goals. We believe a strong relationship between Engineering, Product and Design means building a better product for the customer, developing that within and outside your sphere of influence is crucial to our continued success.
What you'll do
- Lead one of the new teams in the expanding Core engineering group, working on improving the product to help software companies grow their products and worry less about billing;
- Own your team’s technical direction, growth and how they work;
- Develop your team personally and professionally so they are high performing and happy;
- Help drive Paddle forwards as a Product-led company;
- Have the autonomy to do what you think is right (and change what isn’t working)
- Help remove blockers for your team;
- Work with your team, the rest of the Core engineering group and the product teams to influence Paddle’s technical direction and strategy;
- Be involved in hiring and Paddle’s continued growth.
- Manage, mentor and coach a team of highly performing engineers
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- You have a strong software development background;
- You love developing people and have experience growing engineering teams;
- You’re self aware and always open to improving and pushing on how you can get better
- You’re passionate about the discovery phase of new features;
- You can confidently have technical discussions with your team;
- You're comfortable working with non-technical stakeholders;
- You’re proactive and enjoy taking ownership;
- You understand the importance of product and design and how great products stem from these relationships.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 260 (and growing!) people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from our amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.