3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 350 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal .
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of 550€, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the role
As a Business Analyst you will be responsible for the marketplace balance and performance of our new vertical (to be launched soon). With the help of your entrepreneurial thinking and your outstanding analytical skills, you will unlock the dynamics of our marketplace and thus contribute significantly to the business success of our startup. This role will be part of the Marketplace team, reporting to the Head of the department. Among the responsibilities:
- You analyse our marketplace holistically and understand exactly which measures have which effect to increase our growth in the long term
- You will be responsible for conducting marketplace analyses, e.g. marketing opportunities, dealer network, price benchmarks or conversion rates
- You will develop and present recommendations for the Spanish management and the international executive team
- You are the key interface between our account management and our international growth marketing and product teams
- You consolidate information and establish processes so that our internal market knowledge is passed on quickly and efficiently; you advise on the development of marketing strategies and accompany the regular coordination for implementation
- You lead weekly performance meetings for the new vertical, in which you break down complex information and context into simple and clearly prioritised recommendations for action. You provide the framework for this meeting and ensure that we as a team choose the right actions based on the insights available to us. You follow up on how successful the implemented actions were.
- You are part of an international Marketplace team and coordinate your daily work closely with your colleagues in similar roles in the UK and Germany.
Please note: We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've listed in this posting, so we’d encourage you to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not an exact match.
- 2-4 years of experience in related roles is preferred (e.g., high-performing technology company, consulting)
- Highly competent in analysis and visualisation of quantitative data
- Takes pleasure in deriving actionable insights from both quantitative and qualitative data sources, and delights in delivering these to internal and external stakeholders.
- Never satisfied with the status quo, and endlessly curious as to how business performance can be improved
- Clear communicator who can build strong relationships with internal stakeholders (eg. account management and sales team), who will take action as a result of your insights
- Relishes being in the ‘engine room’ - works on multiple opportunities in any given day, but can also balance short-term operational goals with longer-term strategy
- SQL skills and/or previous experience using Tableau strongly desirable
- A competitive salary with
- Equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve.
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance.
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food.
- Discounted Gym memberships.
- Flexible working: For those that want to, you'll be able to work from home for the majority of the week, with up to 2 days max in the office and receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to 550€ to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home. We also have a new ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it.
- Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, coffee with the exec sessions, culture club, social events (currently virtual).
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.