Fully flexible hours
Location: Hybrid / Remote
Job Type: Full time or Contract
Why join us?
If you love food and technology as much as we do, you’ll love life at Vita Mojo. We’re on a mission to revolutionise the hospitality experience for operators and their customers. Through our smart digital products, we’re powering the digital transformation of your favourite pubs, bars and restaurants. And we want a world where everyone gets the meal they’re hoping for. Each and every time.
Our Vita Mojo DNA
We’re proud to have built an award-winning digital platform. Vita Mojo is a positive, energetic and forward-thinking place to work, and when you become a Moji, you’ll be joining a supportive team who’ve always got your back. Our passion for technology and food is matched only by our support for our people.
About the role
We’re looking for a developer in hybrid cross-platform mobile app development with excellent understanding of the mobile app ecosystem. You will be a key member of our growing Engineering team.
We’ve grown 1000% over the past 18 months and we’re aiming to triple that again over the next 12 months. Are you ready to be a part of that?
- Work within an agile team to deliver across the entire product life cycle: concept, design, build (code), deploy, test, release, and maintain/support outstanding products in a DevOps environment
- Collaborate with Product, Design and QA teams to deliver robust, secure, scalable, tested, and documented capabilities.
- Fully participate in relevant scrum events including planning and estimation, daily scrums, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Build new features and improve existing ones across our micro services driven backend and our various frontend apps.
- Drive software architecture and design principles, test-driven development, team standards, and best practices e.g. code quality, improving the code base, agile ways of working, technical debt control.
- 1+ years of experience on web development using React and Redux
- 1+ year of experience with native app development on iOS or Android, with experience using Android Studio and XCode
- Strong understanding of XCode, Android Studio, Chrome and Safari debugging tools
- Strong experience with REST APIs and their conventions.
- Strong understanding of deployment lifecycle for both Android and iOS (build, deploy to App Store and Play Store, certificate management, etc)
- Strong understanding of agile development practices, testing (unit and integration) and tools of the trade (git, Jira, etc. )
- 1+ years of experience with using any unit testing framework (such as Mocha, Chai, Jest, etc)
- Experience working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Ability and willingness to work independently with learning new technologies around native Android and iOS development
Work perks and benefits
Our approach. We work on a hybrid model which means that once a week teams come into the office for an optional team collaboration day, and the other four days are spent working from home (or hot-desking in the office if that’s your jam!).
💪 We’re proud of the flexibility that we offer our Mojis (check us out on Flexa’s Global Top 100 companies!) and want to promote a positive work/life alignment. A one-size-fits-all approach won’t work for every Moji and team, and we encourage you to have conversations with your line manager and team to understand your work preferences and team needs.
The aim is to ensure that Mojis are able to maximise their potential, build trust with their teams, establish an effective work/life alignment and also meet the needs of our growing business! 🚀
💻 Your tech kit. We want to supply you with the best hardware to get the job done. We will set you up with your basic kit when you start and anything else you need once you have some time to get your feet on the ground.
🏡 Work from home kit. When you join we’ll work with you to understand your work from home needs, and get you set up to be your most productive while working from home.
🕰️ Your hours. Where possible, you set your own hours to get the work done in line with your team and company needs. If you’re an early riser, come in as early as you like; if you need to do the morning school run, come in a bit later. At the end of the day, the work needs to be done but we also need you to balance that with life.
🌵 Your work environment. Our bright and spacious offices offer lots of natural light, a jungle of plants, and different spaces to relax and focus on what you need to do.
🍑 Food and drink. We stock all the coffee and tea you can drink when in the office and we’re never without snacks!
💳 Your budget. You have a monthly £80 wellbeing and lifestyle allowance available through your own personal wallet. Spend it on anything (within reason!) that will help improve your life.
💗 Your development. We have found that Mojis who thrive at Vita Mojo embrace a growth mindset and are proactive about their development, find ways to contribute and grow in non-linear (and linear!) ways. We offer a £600 L&D budget to support you in that development and to gain the skills, knowledge and relationships you need to soar, whether at Vita Mojo or later on in your development journey.
🧠 Your mental health. Through our partnership with Spill, you can ask a therapist for advice, schedule a one-off therapy session, or use a series of therapy sessions. We also offer Mental Health Days to use in moments when you need to take a day for some additional space to refocus your energies. Personal coaching is available to all Mojis through our partnership with MoreHappi, to help you grow and reach your goals!
🌴 Your holidays. We believe in finding your work life alignment and want you to take advantage of your 25 days of leave, plus public holidays. Your holiday allowance increases after each complete calendar year of service, up to 28 days.
🤒 Your health. We offer 10 days of full pay sick leave.
🥳 Your birthday. We love celebrating birthdays, whether through baked goods or gifts, and you also get the day off on (or around) your birthday every year.
🍾 Your social spirit. We love socialising with our fellow Mojis, whether through monthly drinks in the office, quarterly offsite socials (both virtual and in person), celebrating milestones, or anything else that comes up, we enjoy hanging out with each other!
🐶 Dog friendly. We love our furry friends who visit the office! Calling all responsible pet owners to join us! 😊