3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
carwow is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Product organisation in London.
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 350 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal.
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About carwow’s Product Organization
carwow is scaling rapidly. Our product organization currently includes 9 product squads and we are looking to expand to 14 in 2022. This growth will allow the expansion into different products and adjacent markets, which is one of our key strategic pillars for the next 2-3 years. In this context, we are moving our organization towards a “Tribes and Squads” structure. For more information about our Product Organization, please visit our medium blog (here).
About the role
As a Senior Product Manager (Ad-tech Media), you will be leading a product team working on retail media. The objective of the team is driving better business outcomes for brand partners and deliver inspiration, discovery and relevancy for customers. You will be working closely with our internal OEM (car manufacturers) team and media operations to create innovate advertising products that provide value to our clients, while being positive for our users
About the key responsibilities
- Strategy: Create collaboratively with the product leadership and OEM media leadership across markets an exciting product vision and strategy to define carwow as a leading player in retail media in the auto vertical, creating innovative advertising products at the intersection of our consumer experience and OEM partner marketing i.e. not a typical adtech product shop
- Problem definition and structured thinking:
- Synthesises insights from various sources to craft a clear problems statement articulating the root cause problem in an structured way and demonstrates clarity when aligning the team to the problem.
- Identify and use a range of confidence building methods to learn as fast as possible and ensure we build the right thing.
- Impact driven: Align the team around the outcome they are working towards and is able to prioritise effectively on multiple dimensions.
- Set up team for success: Create an environment that allows the team to get the best out of all the people in their squad by helping provide wider context, giving clarity on goals, supporting and setting processes for the team to collaborate effectively.
- Measuring success: Proactively identifies metrics to track and measure partner and business benefit. Works with stakeholders to implement the right metric and track it amongst the wider product team.
- Communication: Ensures all people involved and the wider commercial team are aware of the team strategy, initiatives, priorities and progress.
- Influence: Builds relationships easily to empower the squad to achieve the desired outcome often by influencing the opinions of others inside and outside of your team and the product organization.
Stake-holder management: Work with Product Ambassadors (i.e. local market and functional areas stakeholders) to get the right input, their ideas and ensure that they have the right information to represent the product team into their areas/functions.
- You are a strategic thinker, being able to think both top down and bottom up.
- You have an empathetic leadership style and you build strong, effective relationships.
- Have had experience working in a product management-focused role (2-4 years), ideally with experience on media and ad-tech on retail media platforms (e.g. display ad tech experience).
- Ideally, you would have experience working in high paced environments
- You would have a strong sense of ownership and proactivity. You feel ultimately responsible for the success and failure of your product and are proactive, aligning stakeholders around a vision
- Have an outstanding ability to think on your feet and tackle intellectually challenging problems.
- Be highly analytical and accustomed to using complex data to make decisions - when you’re presented with data, analysis should be a reflex.
- Be forward-thinking and ambitious.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, whether to the tech team, to other stakeholders or to our leadership team. Effective in distilling complex solutions into bite-sized pieces when speaking and writing
- Be a great prioritiser, not afraid to say no.
- Love working autonomously, but you’re able to earn the trust of others with a collaborative style.
- Excel at managing stakeholders, whilst also being confident in voicing your own opinions and challenging others.
- You have proven ability to quickly get up to speed in a domain and identify trends and opportunities.
- A great Product org where you can grow as the company grows and learn from people who are keen to better themselves
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options).
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*.
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary).
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%).
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality.
- Enhanced parental leave including 20 weeks full pay maternity and 8 weeks full pay paternity leave
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions.
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro).
- Home Office budget of £500/€550.
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan.
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health).
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holidays
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.