3-4 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We're a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it's churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH's growth.
Our Lisbon office is located in Portugal's cosmopolitan capital. In this office, Farfetchers like to have catch ups in the ball pit or creative moments by the grand piano!
Reporting to the Head of Data Science you will join Farfetch being part of building the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion, powered by large-scale data and Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Information Retrieval and Natural Language Processing algorithms. You will join a team of Data Scientists, Engineers, and Product Managers to help build the algorithms we use to help customers browse and discover products online.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead our teams of data scientists, creating a safe, inclusive workspace, that allows the team to develop advanced machine learning techniques to improve our ranking algorithms;
- Line manage the Lead Data Scientist(s), and other data scientists directly, including mentoring the teams, supporting research and development, and creating opportunities for the continued development of everyone in the team;
- Use your scientific reasoning and commercial understanding to balance our needs against technical constraints
- Work with data analysts and product managers to understand the current state of our algorithms and identify future opportunities for improvement;
- Help determine the strategy for Ranks, working together with Engineering, Infrastructure, Architecture and Product teams to ensure FARFETCH continues to merge the best of human expertise with top notch ML solutions.
WHO YOU ARE
- A professional with a solid understanding of advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Deep Learning, Learning to Rank or Recommendation Systems, including common algorithm performance metrics;
- 5 years experience in a Data Science related role, including at least 1 year experience in a management role, for example as a Lead Data Scientist
- Fluent in Python, common numerical and Math & ML packages (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, pandas, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch);
- Familiarity with developing analytics pipelines for BI and data visualization tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau) is a plus
- Prior experience in ecommerce, especially Search and & Ranking, is a plus
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We are looking for a Data Science Manager who will help us build the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion, powered by large-scale data and Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Information Retrieval and Natural Language Processing algorithms.