Fully flexible hours
Infogrid is helping protect the planet and improve the lives of billions of people by making every building a smart building.
Our goal is to be the global provider for connected devices in smart buildings. We already handle millions of events every day from tens of thousands of sensors and we’d like you to help us scale that by an order of magnitude over the coming months.
Sustainability is at our heart; buildings account for 39% of global carbon emissions and we’re creating real solutions to impact this!
We are still early in our journey but have already achieved a lot; we raised a successful series A funding round, grew 5x in employee numbers within 12 months, and voted one of the top 10 most flexible places to work.
Want to know more about how we'd building Infogrid? Our CTO wrote a blog post about this.
The Infogrid mission is a lofty one, and our technology platform is broad and complex and we have a huge variation of different user personas with different pains and needs. As a Senior User Researcher, you will plan and lead user research projects across larger teams and on some of our most pressing and complex challenges. Partnering with Designers, Product Managers, Data Scientists, Developers and Product Marketers, you will identify & priortise areas of focus and ensure alignment with our company strategic objectives.
The Smart Building and ESG spaces are new and undefined. You will thrive at the forefront of innovation, embrace the unknown with curiosity and have a desire to build a deep and empathetic understanding of our users’ needs.
The User Research function is new for Infogrid so we are looking for candidates who have experience in introducing the function into a business, can help build out a larger research function and team as we grow, and who can introduce strong user-centered practices.
Skills needed for this role
- Analysis and synthesis. You understand and can help teams apply a range of methods to analyse quantitative and qualitative research data and synthesise findings. You know how to communicate the value of research to internal stakeholders. You can advise on choice and application of techniques, and can critique colleagues’ findings to assure best practice.
- Inclusive research. You can help teams understand the diversity of users of Infogrid products. You know how to include all kinds of users in appropriate research activities. You can advocate for inclusive practices and help teams design and deliver accessible services that work for all users.
- Research Skills. You have experience of, and can help teams adopt, a wide range of user research methods. You can plan user research for services with challenging user needs and complex user journeys. You can advise colleagues on the choice and application of research methods to assure best practice.
- Society and technology. You understand the social and technological context for Infogrid products - particularly important for the growth of ESG. You can align user research activities to help your team understand changing user behaviour.
- Strategic insight. You understand what problems teams and the business are trying to solve. You can align user research activities to inform decision making and action.
- Technical understanding. You know about the technologies used to build and operate digital services. You can collaborate closely with colleagues in different digital disciplines.
- User-centred and agile practices. You understand and have experience of a range of user-centred practices. You can help inexperienced teams adopt user-centred practices and embed them into their agile workflow. You can advocate for user research and engage sceptical colleagues and stakeholders.
We think Infogrid is a great place to work - we’re a recently funded and rapidly growing startup so it’s not perfect but:
❤️ Feel good about your work: Infogrid is actively helping big companies reduce their environmental footprint. We also offset everyone’s carbon footprint.
🤸 We’re flexible: We encourage remote working and offered flexible working hours before COVID and we’ll keep that flexibility afterwards.
📚 Learn and get promoted: Join us at the start of our journey - we’re growing quickly and believe in promoting from within. You can learn and grow your career here.
🌟 Improve yourself: We give everyone a day per month to focus on personal development.
🧑🏽🤝🧑🏽 Make friends: Everyone here is lovely.
🏠 Added bonus: We give everyone options in the company.
🚀 Join a legitimately secure tech start-up: $15.5M funding round is great of course but more importantly we have real paying customers and a good, growing revenue stream.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to your recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.