3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 350+ carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal.
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the role
Want to make your mark within a fast-moving industry? Do you want to utilise your analytical expertise to deliver innovative products, identifying opportunities to improve our products quality and customer experience and driving exponential growth?
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to help shape the Data science function here at carwow and support the growth of a very exciting function within the Analytics and Data Science Team.
We are creating a data science function within Product and are looking for a Senior Product Data Scientist to join our team. You must be passionate about product development and eager to support the delivery of business-critical product changes that excite our customers. We collect huge amounts of data from our product, and have a rapidly developing product and business. This role will play a key role in developing our data science function both within the product and the wider analytics and data science team. We are looking for candidates who will be as comfortable leading on the AB testing process (from test design to advanced analysis) as they will deploy complex models that have a positive impact on our online products and our customer experience.
What you'll be doing
- Leading the development of our “data as a product” tool’s including our recommendation systems and pricing tools.
- Building and testing multiple models to evaluate their value and select the most relevant to solve the problem at hand.
- Champion a clear test and learn hypothesis driven mindset. You will be comfortable creating hypotheses, preparing and analysing data, identifying key trends and patterns and generating predictive models/analytics.
- Keeping the Analytics and Data Science team up to speed with developments in the industry and eager to create innovative technologies that drive our product development with a key focus on machine learning and causal inference.
- Motivated by working in a dynamic environment - you will be an enthusiastic self starter, building key business relationships and influencing our Analytics and Data Science roadmap with a focus on driving commercial value.
- Continually developing your own skills while also coaching less experienced members, providing technical support and contributing to the wider data community
- Helping the wider team to develop our Data Science knowledge, infrastructure and processes
- Extensive technical experience with SQL and Python
- Experience working with data science toolkits/environments and comfortable working with Data Engineers to build out our approach
- Experience developing data science projects from inception to deployment
- Experience with recommender systems utilising machine learning.
- Experience in articulating complex data science concepts to a non technical audience, building credibility and trust while influencing our stakeholders
- Experience mentoring junior data scientists and analysts
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holiday
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.