3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
New York, $75000 - $85000 Per Annum, Permanent, 31/05/2022
Unibuddy has experienced explosive growth since launching in 2017. We now work with more than 500 higher ed institutions in 35 countries across the globe. We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors, and we’re on course to achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choices in their higher ed journey.
Here’s where you come in:
As our US Events Marketing Manager, you’ll be at the forefront of developing and delivering our US events marketing strategy to support Unibuddy’s growth goals.
You will plan and execute our US events marketing cadence to drive the growth of both new and existing client accounts, working closely with the marketing team on all aspects of event marketing. This role is perfect if you’re an events and marketing expert who thrives in a fast-paced environment - and are keen on a role that will incorporate all areas of event marketing; from conceptualization to promotion and delivery of event content.
- Driving, planning, and executing our presence at external tradeshows and exhibitions, ensuring that we have eye-catching booths and show-stopping presentations - helping our sales team to evangelize our Unibuddy brand out on the road
- Owning the project management of our hosted large scale events in partnership with the broader events team, to deliver hybrid events for thousands of attendees that support our customer retention, account expansion, and new business growth objectives
- Experimenting with new event formats, including on-campus events, to drive brand engagement, demand generation, and expansion within customer accounts
- Aligning the work that we do in the events team with the wider marketing team goals and campaigns - events are at the heart of everything we do
- Expanding our network within the sector by searching out and building relationships with brand advocates, influencers, and higher education experts, to participate in and contribute to our events content
- Continuously measure and evaluate the effectiveness of event marketing activity, working with our Marketing Operations function to compile and manage event metrics to ensure accurate reporting
This might be for you if…
- Experience in high-velocity B2B events marketing and have success stories as well as lessons to share; SaaS experience is a big plus
- Experience working in all areas of event marketing, from creative to promotion to content creation
- A hyper-organized individual with superb attention to detail, who can juggle multiple projects and tasks at once, and thrives on a challenge
- Ability to be agile — you are flexible to re-prioritize on the fly without sacrificing utmost attention to detail
- A determined problem solver who can be scrappy and resourceful to find creative solutions
- Bring an “always learning” growth mindset to your work, and be a passionate marketing and events all-rounder
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please do apply. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
About our Team
We’re a team that moves at pace to deliver exciting events that help drive growth across the business, you'll be able to see the impact of your work in all that we do as an organisation from the get-go.
We are cool, calm, and collected and it’s what we pride ourselves most in - we work as a team to make the impossible, possible!
We’re empathetic and energetic, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and work alongside a fabulous bunch of humans - supporting each other is our first priority
The ability to be scrappy and own events from conception to delivery, you'll be encouraged to try new things and have the ability to really own your projects
Perks and Benefits
- Stock Options
- Health insurance for you, and contributions for your family. Dental and vision optional.
- 401(K) matched 6%.
- Hybrid work environment and flexible working hours.
- Learning & development budget of $800
- 25 days of PTO plus 4 additional days for the Christmas break and national holidays.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Latest MacBook or PC. Monitor for your home is also provided.
- Mental Health Support provided by Spill.
- Fully stocked WeWork office in a lively Manhattan neighborhood.
- Employee assistance program.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Bike and car parking facilities.
If you’ve made it this far you probably already know a bit about us but here’s a reminder of what makes Unibuddy a great place to work!
Students are at the heart of what we do. Our mission is to empower students to make the right decisions throughout their higher education journey. We provide higher ed institutions with the right tools to enable students to connect with each other, share experiences that create a sense of belonging, and feel confident in making one of the most crucial decisions of their life.
We’re made for higher-ed marketers and recruiters. Institutions that adopt our unique peer-to-peer platform can amplify their institution's voice to support their recruitment, admissions, and retention efforts.
We rock! Our customers love us. We’re available worldwide, own 95% of the UK market, and work with more than 500 higher ed institutions in 35 countries. It’s our people that make us successful, We’re a great bunch with a fantastic culture. But don’t take our word for it - we’re proud to be named as one of the best mid-sized companies to work for in the US, we are named as one of the top 100 workplaces for benefits, we’re Flexified and listed as one of the top three most flexible companies to work for in the UK.
Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a CV and supporting statement which outlines why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and why you are well suited to this role. Flaunt your skills!
Not ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch with the talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unibuddy is an equal opportunity employer. We're actively looking to increase the diversity of our buddies across the company and we encourage people to apply from minority groups.
🛂 Please note that Unibuddy does not sponsor visas for this role.