1-2 days per week at home
Core hours 10 - 4
At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we’re building the first patient-centred communication platform. Our products help doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators, carers and anyone else involved in a patient's care to communicate easily with patients and with each other. We believe this will transform how healthcare is delivered, improving patient outcomes, improving staff morale and increasing the efficiency of health systems.
Our products have 98% adoption in GP practices and we are investing into other areas of healthcare (hospitals, pharmacies, care homes). By making messaging easier, we’re making more of medicine asynchronous, from simple consultations to getting advice from hospital specialists, saving time and making it easier for staff to communicate.
We stay close to our users with everyone visiting a GP practice at least twice a quarter to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here.
Life as a Staff Software Engineer (.NET) at accuRx
We are looking for Staff Software Engineers to join us and help shape the future of our product and technically grow our engineering team.
Working closely with our CTO and VP of Engineering, you will pioneer development and be relied upon as one of our greatest technical experts. As a Staff Product Engineer, you’ll lead on areas that will drive innovation on our products. You’ll scale and innovate our products like never before, as well as build brand new solutions. You'll play a key role in driving technical product choices as part of a cross functional team. You’ll be a technical coach and mentor to engineers to help us grow our engineering talent at accuRx.
You'll work closely with other Engineers, UX Designers, Product Managers, Researchers and our Clinical Leads. Together you will work in six week cycles to deliver specific product goals.
At accuRx, we are about to embark on the next part of our journey. We are looking for the most inspirational and talented people to lead the way and make history in one of the UK’s fastest-growing start-ups. To best service healthcare practices and build a scalable solution that will be used in every GP practice, hospital and care home in the UK we currently work with Kubernetes, C# (.net core), SQL, React, ES6, TypeScript and Redux (check out our full tech stack here). However, we are constantly learning, iterating and improving. As we continue to grow at a phenomenal rate, who knows what tech stack we will be working with soon - and you could be the person to show us!
What’s unique about engineering at accuRx?
Every day you’ll be applying the “product engineer” mindset. This means being close to users and their needs (e.g. getting involved in user research by joining sessions with patients and their healthcare teams), helping decide what we build (e.g. collaborating on design and specifications), building with a focus on the end goal and being responsible for continuous improvement to the live services you have shipped.
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You have proven consistent success in a Lead Engineer / Developer role, where you have mentored other engineers / developers
- You have led projects that have driven significant impact (this could be in product or engineering focus).
- You have experience in working in high performing teams or experience with helping turn a team into one.
- You are willing to wear different hats over a period of time, ranging from tech lead in a product team, to specialising and driving improvements in a discipline.
- Ideally you will have experience in a typed language. We use C# and Typescript. Our tech stack can be found here.
- You have experience working in highly user centric businesses where there is constant iteration of a product
- Although not essential it would be great if you had worked in a growing start up
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're passionate about improving healthcare
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits package:
Our package includes:
- £90,000 - £120,000 salary + meaningful share options (see our public progression framework and salary bandings)
- Flexible working including core hours and up to 2 days remote working per week
- Generous leave policies including 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and enhanced parental leave
- £1000 annual learning and development budget; £500 wellness budget
- Time on the frontline - Everyone visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
- Monthly team dinner
- Free lunch & breakfast
- Free massage & therapist
- Annual company retreat
- And much more.
Read more about our benefits here.
Check us out on Instagram to see what life at accuRx is really like!
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our company handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at accuRx 🤩
Diversity & Inclusion
accuRx is committed to being an inclusive employer and, as part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.