Core hours 11 - 3
We’re an award-winning tech business, recently named the Top UK SaaS Company to work for. Our UK HQ is located in Bristol, cited as being one of the fast growing technology hubs in the country. Which is fitting, because we are one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the city, and far beyond.
Brightpearl is the number one Retail Operating System for brands and retailers. We manage everything ‘after the buy button’ so that our customers can focus on growing fearlessly. “People First” is one of our core company values, so before we get too into your day to day, here’s a taster of what we bring to the table:
- The opportunity to work with talented people
- A transparent leadership team
- Flexible working and generous holiday allowances
- A diverse and inclusive workplace
- Fantastic progression opportunities in a high growth business
And that’s not all. Check out our other perks and benefits to see what else we offer!
About the Role
The primary role of the Business Development Representative is to generate new business opportunities by finding potential clients to prospect and qualify into new business accounts. You’ll learn how to identify and research lists of companies to target, and how to develop email and telephone campaigns to generate new business opportunities. You will conduct high-level conversations with business owners and operational staff about their business and the challenges they face with their operations. Being a smaller team, you will work cross-functionally with all departments to help our customers define, adopt, and validate the value of Brightpearl.
- Identify net new business accounts that fit into Brightpearl’s ideal customer profile (ICP) via Zoominfo, Intent data, Linkedin Sales Navigator, and any other appropriate prospecting tools.
- Engage decision makers in the ICP prospect accounts via phone calls, emails, and other messaging tools
- Conduct high-level qualification calls to executives in our target accounts and interested inbound prospects
- Responsible for delivering targeted number of sales opportunities to Account Executives
- Work closely with the sales Account Executives to continuously improve leads quality and prospecting pitches
- Identify mutually-beneficial relationships with partners, helping to strategize new sales opportunities
- Work with Marketing and the rest of the sales team to run successful monthly events (online or in-person)
- Understand customer goals and challenges, as well as Brightpearl’s differentiators to position Brightpearl as the potential solution
- Identify areas to generate new sales opportunities
- Ability to meet metrics, maintain good Salesforce hygiene, prospect using sources other than Salesforce with success, work strategically with Account Executives, and has created individual sequences and content
- Demonstrated ability to create sales opportunities
- Preferable experience in SaaS and/or e-commerce
- Demonstrated ability to meet metrics
- Great team worker who can work with different teams to facilitate healthy feedback loops
- Able to tailor sales pitches to different personas
- Self-starter who has a desire to learn, grow, and excel in their role
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing start-up environment
- Excellent phone, writing, and listening skills
- Great organization and time management skills are essential
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce) preferably
- You’ll be joining one of the top UK SaaS Companies based in central Bristol - named top city to live in
- We offer a competitive salary and a pension matching scheme
- 25 days of annual leave, plus long service awards and volunteering days to give back to the community
- We promote health and well-being through comprehensive medical, dental insurance packages with AXA, Bupa and Health Shield and subsidised gym memberships
- We support work-life balance through flexi-time and hybrid working
- Opportunity to collaborate and share success through company wide socials and All Hands
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.