Fully flexible hours
Role: Business Development Manager
Organisation: B2B Marketing Consultancy
Location: USA, Flexible, remote or office based
Salary: $80,000 - $90,000 + commission
As Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for driving business and increasing our revenue through identifying and developing new business opportunities in new accounts and across new geos/business units for existing accounts. You will be responsible for finding and reaching out to new business prospects: promoting our services to new clients and mapping out broader account opportunities, ultimately lining up a meeting for prospects with our consultants and relevant internal stakeholder.
You will use your sales and negotiation skills to support the growth of our client base by identifying and approaching new clients and communicating our offering.
You will have a ‘hunter mentality’ with a proven track record of winning new business proposals from clients, ideally in the tech or financial services sectors. You are highly driven with a proactive mindset and a keen eye for detail, and you’re able to handle daily conversations with multiple markets and disciplines. You are happy to be judged by the tangible results you create. You demonstrate gravitas and credibility at all times.
- Work with our CEO, MDs and Marketing to implement our business development strategy
- Facilitate Named Account Plans: Creation of plans (using templates supplied) and capture actions for our target accounts (with the support of our internal Account Owners).
- Primary focus: selling community membership, L&D, Research, & other services using templates & tools provided.
- Run a well-managed outreach programme in identifying potential new relationship opportunities and build a target list from key, dormant and new customers.
- Actively follow up with engaged contacts in accounts that we don't currently have access to.
- Prepare creds for first meetings reusing templates.
- Understanding client needs using our discovery process and questions.
- Open new conversations using HubSpot, LinkedIn, email, phone.
- Facilitate the sale first conversation to meeting ultimately leading to new revenue for the business.
- Work with our consultants/wider team to create proposals and bring experts into client conversations to convert opportunities to revenue.
- Focus on large opportunities in key customers and prospects ($100k).
- Update our CRM to ensure it accurately reflects your activity at all times.
- Report on win/loss ratios and update targets for continuous improvement.
Momentum is a global growth consultancy and pioneers of account-based marketing (ABM). Our purpose is to help everyone win. That means enabling our people and clients, members to grow their opportunities, capabilities, relationships and success. We believe that by doing the right thing in the right way, we can deliver exceptional results for all.
We want to give everyone here the opportunities, strong culture and industry-leading capabilities needed to succeed. By doing that, we increase the impact we can achieve together for our clients and their customers. In turn, that drives the company forward. Put simply, we’re about helping each other grow and thrive – today and tomorrow.
Each of us devotes precious time and energy to work. When we feel able to truly express who we are and learn through experience, life at work can be inspiring and fulfilling. And when that happens, we grow and thrive as a business and as people. Everyone wins. So, we aim to:
- Create relationships with world-class clients, so we get to make a real difference by working on critical projects for high-profile brands
- Foster a supportive and inclusive culture, so we feel supported and able to express ourselves at work
- Give everyone access to world-leading capabilities – tools, training, knowledge and community – so we each have what’s needed to make an impact
- From this platform, we can each grow our experience, expertise and confidence and get to do more, learn more and achieve more.
At Momentum we’re proud to uphold a culture of transparency. All of us are empowered to speak up and be curious without fear of doing so. As a result, we’ve formed a companywide sense of security and trust, which in turn fosters an easy-going and relaxed working environment. Basically, we take the job seriously but not ourselves. The work that we do isn’t easy and we are relentless in our pursuit to deliver outstanding work for our clients without ever compromising on quality. Our collective open nature and creative outlook ensures that we’re kept energised and intellectually challenged along the way whilst having a generally great time at work. Lifelong friendships have been formed and some of the best memories we’ve made have been through celebrating wins together.
Benefits & Perks (USA)
- Best Companies List and Flexa Accredited
- 16 days paid leave (vacation and sickness) plus public holidays
- 3 bonus days off at Christmas
- Flexible working (hours to suit you, choose home or office with no mandates)
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision cover
- Enhanced parental leave
- 401k plan
- Personal training budget for your development
- Incredible culture club, regular socials and a dedicated ESG committee
- “Pimp My Home Office” budget of which is yours to keep
- Big focus on professional development and progression via quarterly reviews
- CoE (internal training programme, “Centre of Excellence”)
We are an equal opportunities employer and no applicant or employee will ever receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.