3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 400 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal.
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
About the role
As Europe’s largest new car marketplace and a clear leader in Automotive content, carwow not only provides a great proposition to UK consumers, but an unrivalled one to automotive brands and their agencies. Allowing brands to tap into carwow’s insight and expertise from the millions of configurations and customer journeys each year, as well as the single largest pool of in-market consumers every month.
Our OEM & Media team are responsible for building out carwow’s retail media proposition to brands and agencies on increasing awareness and driving sales, direct to consumer partnerships allowing brands to sell directly to carwow’s audience and engaging brands with our creative studio to deliver unique content stories and experience that will accelerate the growth of our media business.
The UK Head of OEM & Media role is critical in scaling our OEM & media business. Responsible for both the media and brand partnerships teams, this role develops the strategy of how we build long term, strategic partnerships with automotive brands across the UK. Responsible for a broad and growing proposition, the ideal candidate will be able to successfully operate across all areas, with a degree of relevant knowledge and experience across digital marketing and the commercial operations of an automotive brand.
Responsible for driving today's results in the form of our overall partnership revenue, it is vital that the Head of OEM is able to appropriately balance their time and focus to ensure that both our mid term and longer term goals are met, leading by example and motivating the wider team to operate strategically, as well as driving exponential revenue growth.
The role will be directly responsible for ultimate ownership of our senior stakeholder relationships with brands, engaging and building trusted relationships with Managing, Sales and Marketing Directors at brands and media agencies on carwow’s strategic proposition and value whilst supporting the team members in driving revenue, as well as strategic partnership programmes.
High energy, passion and dedication to the mission is key - we’re looking for an ambitious and natural leader to continue to not only drive exponential revenue growth and strategic partnerships, but also drive, develop and grow an equally ambitious and driven team. Critically the Head of OEM & Media is an integrated role within the team, leading the charge by developing and coaching the team as well as taking on their share of direct responsibility in our key partnerships.
- Own, develop and execute our UK OEM & Media Strategy
- Direct responsibility for the UK OEM & Media P&L and revenue growth targets
- Develop and grow the number of partnerships with brands across the UK spanning retail media, D2C and data
- Active prospecting and outreach to senior stakeholders for brands yet to engage with carwow
- Exemplary relationship management and development across key senior stakeholders at automotive brands in the UK
- Be a driving force behind the continual development of our products and propositions, working closely with our Media Director, Retail and D2C Manager and Partnerships teams to collate feedback and iterate
- Ensure a consistent and joined-up approach to how we engage both brands and their media agencies by working closely with our Media Director
- Drive collaboration and knowledge sharing by working closely with our Heads of OEM & Media in the German and Spanish Markets
- High energy, passionate approach to developing a proposition and partnerships
- Strong relationship management and b2b sales skills
- Relevant digital, media, sales and strategy experience gained at a top-tier consultancy, digital media player or similar experience, ideally in the automotive space
- New business development and sales experience is highly preferable
- Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to synthesise insights into compelling commercial actions
- Proven track record of presenting to senior executives and boards, but also keynote speeches and panels for external events
- Strong leader, with excellent people management skills
- Self-starter with a confident and humble personality - always looking to learn and develop, while being prepared to challenge at all levels
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving work environment
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holidays
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.