Fully flexible hours
*This role is a hybrid role with a few days in our London office per month*
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the world. Its faster, cheaper, greener and more convenient than air travel, and it cuts down on the carbon emitting congestion of road travel. With the current climate crisis it’s more important than ever to put this mode of transport at the forefront of people's minds. For every travel company having rail as a booking option is like having vegan choices on the menu – it’s a must! The trouble is, there’s been nothing modern about rail’s online customer experience… until now.
We are SilverRail, a global tech company working to solve this problem by delivering the digital infrastructure that opens up rail to the world! Our technology is powering rail and travel agencies across Europe, USA and Australia/NZ in both leisure and corporate markets, making it easy for people to choose rail and cut their carbon emissions.
Although we have been around for more than 10 years, and with our teams based globally in London, Boston, Brisbane and Stockholm, we still consider ourselves an agile start-up business. We are using the Scrum framework for all our software development, and we believe in ‘fail-fast-fail-early’ to find innovative solutions to complex problems. Our agility and refreshingly novel approaches mean we have already developed into a force to be reckoned with in the European market, but we have ambitions for so much more! With a raft of new clients joining us, and with our growth about to enter its prime, we aim to become the biggest player in the rail tech space.
The team is very collaborative, friendly and improvement oriented. Having fun while at work is a must! We support a flexible home working environment with occasional travel into the London office.
In this role as a Delivery Manager you are the voice of the customer. You will help our customers to succeed with our services and keep our customers happy, from onboarding to continuous service.
You will focus on internal delivery management for our customers. The key part of the role will be to help manage issues, features, and requests. Hands on experience with release and change management will be required.
A large element of the Operations department entails technical questions from our customers reviewing incidents while prioritizing internal needs when necessary. The delivery manager will be responsible for a portion of these requests as well as broaden knowledge to help team members. Advanced JIRA experience will also be required.
As well as managing day to day, the role will also require monitoring new customer implementations. This will require participating with wider teams in client meetings.
Part of the role will require management and development of processes to provide efficiency as well as contribute to maintaining ISO standards.
You will work closely with Application Support Engineers and help to remove blockers. Some hands-on experience with configuration deployments within AWS environments will be required.
Due to the nature of the role, out of hours support will be required as well as remote meetings in other geographical locations.
- Day to day management and overview of Customer issues.
- Internal Customer Release and Change management ownership, including out of hours releases.
- Lead Incident Management response. Creating incident reports and templates.
- Act as single point of contact for escalated issues
- Produce and Analyse customer statistics and actively suggest improvements
- Day to day management and overview of Customer issues.
- Produce regular metrics for Client SLAs and internal management.
- Own customer satisfaction surveys and produce internal and external improvement plans
- Monitor issues to ensure SLAs are not breached.
- Managing issues at a first, second and third lines.
- Work within established Agile development methodologies and contribute to their ongoing evolution.
- Managing and chairing internal and client meetings.
- Prioritise and oversee customer reported issue and requests.
- Produce, develop and document processes for the team.
- Manage and own third-party Supplier Contracts and Processes.
Qualifications & experience
- 7 Years+ Experience in a Delivery Manager role
- Excellent relationship builder, both internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Takes responsibility and good at taking initiative, drive things forward
- Experience within the train / travel industry is essential.
- Experience with APIs specifically XML and JSON.
- SQL knowledge
- Experience of working within SCRUM and AGILE principals
- Displays willingness to take on challenges, and flexibility towards shifting priorities.
- ITIL v3 Certified
- Advanced experience using Jira and confluence
- Managing and owning customer issues and incidents
- Dev Ops experience, specifically with GIT.
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with managing and monitoring SLAs
- We have an average Glassdoor grade of 4.7 and 100% recommendation rates.
- We are an accredited flexible company and were named in Flexa’s Top 50 Most Flexible Companies
- We utilise a hybrid working model, providing equipment for home working alongside occasional visits to our beautiful central London office.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits package including private healthcare and Perkbox rewards, as well as stock options that give you the chance to buy into SilverRail’s future.
- We provide a wealth of career development opportunities with training that is individual, focused on improving your skills and helping you become the best professional you can be.
- Our team’s health and wellness is genuinely important to us, so we offer a number of wellbeing seminars, yoga classes, and membership to the #1 leading meditation app.
- A unique opportunity to work for a tech start-up that is revolutionising the way we travel.
Our values are simple: Do Good by working for a better tomorrow; Think Big Act Smart by being curious, adaptable and data-driven; and remember that through collaboration we will always be Stronger Together.
*We are a neurodiverse employer and are working hard to improve our recruitment processes, so if there is any way that we can make the recruitment experience better for you then please email us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org - all information will be treated as strictly confidential*