Product Manager - Internal Tools
Our Integrations & Internal Tooling product teams provide the capabilities that allow us to connect with both internal and 3rd party technology in order to deliver higher value, seamless consumer and business operations experiences, and to improve our internal operations processes. We provide an extensive range of APIs to allow 3rd parties to integrate with us to provide value add services such as food delivery services and integrated point of sale (POS) experiences. In addition, our integrations team actively identify, engage and integrate directly with key 3rd party service providers and middleware platforms to ensure that we are continually expanding our core offering to include more and more partners, off the shelf, in our key markets
You’ll join us in an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our product teams across the globe.
Our Internal Tools product team develops solutions that allow us to connect platforms and solutions across finance, sales, customer success, support and analytics and automate critical processes and flows of data. These processes are business critical, and as Product Manager for Internal Tools you will drive the vision, product strategy and execution for Internal Tools ensuring that our business remains highly automated and seamlessly interconnected.
You will be responsible for identifying and justifying what Internal Tools and feature enhancements we should build next to make it easier and more efficient for departments to work together. You will be empowered to uncover the problems and opportunities for your product, have access to people you need to talk to, and given the tools you need in order to lead your team to success.
Our product managers are hands-on and expected to apply themselves equally to tactical and strategic activities. You will be aligned with an engineering team and expected to provide a high quality backlog of requirements while at the same time devising a longer term roadmap of prioritised features that map against our strategy.
What You'll Do
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of our business strategy, the market we operate in, and how our business efficiencies are enabled from within the different departments.
- Work with key stakeholders in internal departments to determine short term needs but also form a vision and strategy for the direction of our Internal Tools products
- Understand the different systems already utilised within our business operations and the strengths and weaknesses of their extensibility
- Act as a product SME when new systems are being evaluated; Partner closely with external technology providers to in licensing and maximising the use of business critical 3rd party building blocks
- Identify the best solutions to deploy within the organisation to enable maximum automation with minimum effort; Evaluate buy versus build opportunities.
- Identify and prioritise the problems and the needs which define your product roadmap including hardware and software decisions, focusing on those with maximum impact.
- Develop a set of commercially focused metrics for your product features that you will measure yourself against
- Collate the great ideas that are generated every day across our departments to manage a prioritised backlog of quick win “always improving” features which will continually delight internal teams.
- Work closely with other products team to identify cross team dependencies early and makes sure everyone agrees what they have to do, when, to realise that value
- Continually provide vision and direction to your team and stakeholders
- Ensure that the team always has a more-than-adequate, well defined, prioritised and articulated backlog of work
- Lead the planning of product releases and set the expectation for delivery of new functionality
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of release goals
- Reasoned. You can make a decision and defend it confidently, based on a thorough understanding of business and product building
- Adept at using your knowledge and experience to influence others
- Disciplined and determined
- Naturally motivated
- Proactive and don’t wait to be told what to do
- Always looking to be challenged and do not shy away from change
- Pedantic about the quality of what you release
- Friendly and empathic
- You've got 4+ years experience in a Product Management role, ideally in an internal tools, API/Integrations or Automation role.
- You're highly technical and analytical. Maybe you cut your teeth in a development, quality assurance or business analyst background and were naturally drawn to Product over the subsequent years.
- You're commercially aware. You understand that software isn't free to build and maintain, and you can justify your decisions by displaying an understanding of how it will potentially impact the bottom line
- You are comfortable in creating hard metric based goals for yourself and your product and holding yourself to them.
- You're familiar with multiple software development methodologies. You've used multiple before and learned lessons with each of them
- Your product is a critical part of our success so you can expect stakeholders to be very active commentators and have strong opinions on the direction of your product. You are comfortable with this scenario and confident you can manage expectations in the right way, which is sometimes saying “no”.
Too many to list on this job post! We are a growing startup that understands that only amazing incentives will attract the best talent. This obviously includes ESOP because we want all of our best employees to have skin in the game. In addition to a long list of incentives, we provide unparalleled opportunities for growth and development. If you are smart, ambitious and hard-working, we will do whatever it takes to convince you to join the Flipdish rocketship!
We also have
- Access to training and certification
- Collaborative work environment with a dynamic and diverse team — and we do actually mean this and invest in it
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
No business embodies diversity like the food business. And at Flipdish, we're all about empowering those diverse, local, independent businesses - all over the planet. For us, diversity isn't a checkbox. It's embedded in how we work. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills - all working together in an open, honest and transparent culture. Because our strength comes from embracing our differences: differences that reflect the diverse customers we serve.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 280 digital food retailing enthusiasts, 6000 active clients across 12 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”