Head of Engineering - Site Lead - Bulgaria
Flipdish allows restaurants to take orders online in an instant. Our technology powers millions of transactions across thousands of restaurants worldwide. With a branded website, mobile app, or self-service kiosk powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on marketplace platforms.
You’ll join us in an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our development and product teams in Ireland, UK, and internationally.
You won’t be told what to build. You’ll be shown the problems and opportunities, given access to people you need to talk to, and given the tools you need in order to succeed.
Due to our continued growth, Flipdish is seeking an experienced manager for our potential new site in Bulgaria. The successful candidate for this role will be looking for an exciting new challenge in a hyper-growth environment. You should have a passion for technology and team leadership, and be willing to take on new challenges and input to the company’s growth.
What You'll Do
- Be a hands-on person recruiting and leading the team from the front as well as a coach, guide and mentor for software engineers in accomplishing architecture, design and implementation goals
- As a people manager, you will lead a high performing team with a strong culture of trust, collaboration, and autonomy
- Measure the impact of your team and set clear expectations and goals
- Recruit, interview and hire for your team
- Identify knowledge/skills gaps in your team that can be filled with training or with new recruits
- Be the voice of your team with stakeholders, from issues and challenges they are having to publicise their achievements.
- Train and develop your team members and give them regular feedback on their performance
- Take feedback from your team and others to improve your own performance
- Reasoned. You can make a decision and defend it confidently, based on a thorough understanding of business and product development
- Energised but calm in dynamic situations
- Disciplined and determined, and motivated by team success
- Friendly, empathetic, and considerate
- Computer Science fundamentals experience in software design, data structures, and algorithms
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Recent experience managing and recruiting engineers in a high impact organisation.
- Experience fostering an environment where communication, teamwork, and collaboration are rewarded
- Broad web/mobile engineering and architectural experience
- Professional experience in software development, with a focus on quality, while increasing efficiency, delivering value, while reducing waste.
- A proven history of building close working relationships with your stakeholders and creating world-class products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You enjoy solving puzzles
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience building teams from scratch
- Experience of managing managers
- Experience with software-based infrastructure such as Azure, AWS, or GCP.
Too many to list on this job post! We are a growing startup that understands that only amazing incentives will attract the best talent. This obviously includes ESOP because we want all of our best employees to have skin in the game.
In addition to a long list of incentives, we provide unparalleled opportunities for growth and development. If you are smart, ambitious and hard-working, we will do whatever it takes to convince you to join the Flipdish rocketship!
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
No business embodies diversity like the food business. And at Flipdish, we're all about empowering those diverse, local, independent businesses - all over the planet. For us, diversity isn't a checkbox. It's embedded in how we work. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills - all working together in an open, honest and transparent culture. Because our strength comes from embracing our differences: differences that reflect the diverse customers we serve.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 280+ digital food retailing enthusiasts, 7000+ active clients across 25 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”