Associate Product Manager
Our product teams build mobile, web, kiosk applications, payment, self service management applications, point of sale experiences and integrations which service thousands of clients, and millions of end-users. The applications and services which we supply build strong, lasting relationships between consumers and our clients’ brands, and are critical for the success of their businesses. We need your help to take these products and services to the next level.
You’ll join us in an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our product teams across the globe.
As an Assistant Product Manager in our product organisation you will be hands-on in supporting our Product Managers and engineering teams in solving some of our more challenging problems to build the most impactful applications in the food ordering industry.
You will be aligned with a specific team to drive initiatives and ensure the optimal consumer experiences are achieved for any given problem, and be responsible for ensuring that all the necessary analysis is at hand to solve that problem to a very high quality bar. You will be empowered to uncover the problems and opportunities associated with our products, will have access to people you need to talk to, and given the tools you need in order to lead your team to success.
What You'll Do
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of our business strategy, the market we operate in, and our client and end-user needs
- Work with our product leaders to perform detailed analysis to quantify opportunities
- Capture complex requirements from stakeholders, provide analysis of requirements and suggest recommendations and alternative solutions which will enable our teams to move faster
- Ensure that your analysis captures the needs and expectations related to the different geographies which we operate in
- Work closely with each product team to ensure decisions being made are aligned across the product org and that the impacts are documented and understood
- Collaborate the the teams at all stages of the development process to ensure high quality delivery of products
- Provide post-implementation support to ensure that our products operate effectively in their early life
- UAT your product deliverables to ensure they meet the needs of complex use cases.
- Identify, document and recommend business process change where relevant
- Reasoned. You can make a decision and defend it confidently, based on a thorough understanding of business and product building
- Adept at using your knowledge and experience to influence others
- Disciplined and determined
- Naturally motivated and inquisitive
- Proactive and don’t wait to be told what to do
- Always looking to be challenged and do not shy away from change
- Pedantic about the quality of what you release
- Friendly and empathic
- You've got 2+ years experience in a Product Owner or Business Analysis role preferably
- You're technical and analytical.
- You have commercial acumen. You understand that software isn't free to build and maintain, and that poor quality product has a high cost associated with it.
- You're allergic to bad UX. You won't need to be able to create a high fidelity design or interactive prototypes, but you can quickly whip up a visual to communicate a user flow and start a conversation. You can spot UX issues in existing products and have opinions on how to fix them
- You're familiar with software development methodologies and understand how they help organisations deliver efficiently.
Too many to list on this job post! We are a growing startup that understands that only amazing incentives will attract the best talent. This obviously includes ESOP because we want all of our best employees to have skin in the game. In addition to a long list of incentives, we provide unparalleled opportunities for growth and development. If you are smart, ambitious and hard-working, we will do whatever it takes to convince you to join the Flipdish rocketship!
We also have
- Access to training and certification
- Collaborative work environment with a dynamic and diverse team — and we do actually mean this and invest in it
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
No business embodies diversity like the food business. And at Flipdish, we're all about empowering those diverse, local, independent businesses - all over the planet. For us, diversity isn't a checkbox. It's embedded in how we work. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills - all working together in an open, honest and transparent culture. Because our strength comes from embracing our differences: differences that reflect the diverse customers we serve.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 280 digital food retailing enthusiasts, 6000 active clients across 12 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”