Senior Build & Release Engineer
Flipdish builds consumer mobile applications for thousands of restaurants, used by their millions of customers. The application they use to order their favourite food is a direct interface between the end customer and our clients’ brand. It’s arguably the most critical touchpoint for any modern business, and we need you to help take that essential interaction to the next level.
You’ll join us in an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our development and product teams in Dublin and across the globe.
You won’t be told what to build. You’ll be shown the problems and opportunities, given access to people you need to talk to, and given the tools you need in order to lead your team to success.
Due to our continued growth, Flipdish is seeking an experienced Senior Build & Release Engineer. This person will join the Tech team with the opportunity to help grow and input to the day-to-day working of the team using past experiences to help improve our range of products across the Flipdish ecosystem.
The successful candidate for this role will be looking for an exciting new challenge in a hyper-growth environment. You should have a passion for technology and be willing to take on new challenges and input to the company’s growth.
- Improving key aspects of the client build experience (size, speed, reliability, transparency)
- Working closely with engineers in supporting different kinds of builds (QA, Release, Review)
- Improving and maintaining the centralised client pipeline for multiple mobile applications
- Automating the delivery to a large number of mobile applications into the Apple App and Google Play Stores
- Automating build and release pipelines
- Embedding instrumentation into the product
- Optimising the developer build experience
- Designing and improving CI/CD best practices and working with developers to do so
- 3+ years experience working with building and releasing applications
- 2+ years experience working with building and releasing mobile applications
- A desire to learn, and to grow your career
- Capable of mentoring junior team members
- You enjoy solving puzzles
- Experience with some or all of the following:
- Automating the delivery of mobile apps to stores
- Automating app builds, test, deployments within a simple pipeline
- Knowledge of Instrumentation techniques
- Experience with Ruby
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Azure DevOps, CircleCI)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Fastlane
Too many to list on this job post! We are a growing startup that understands that only amazing incentives will attract the best talent. This obviously includes ESOP because we want all of our best employees to have skin in the game.
In addition to a long list of incentives, we provide unparalleled opportunities for growth and development. If you are smart, ambitious and hard-working, we will do whatever it takes to convince you to join the Flipdish rocketship!
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
No business embodies diversity like the food business. And at Flipdish, we're all about empowering those diverse, local, independent businesses - all over the planet. For us,
diversity isn't a checkbox. It's embedded in how we work. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills - all working together in an open, honest and transparent culture. Because our strength comes from embracing our differences: differences that reflect the diverse customers we serve.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 280+ digital food retailing enthusiasts, 7000 active clients across 25 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”