Principal Quality Engineer - Consumer Experience
Flipdish builds consumer mobile applications for thousands of restaurants, used by their millions of customers. The application they use to order their favourite food is a direct interface between the end customer and our clients’ brand. It’s arguably the most critical touchpoint for any modern business, and we need you to help take that essential interaction to the next level.
You’ll join us in an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our development and product teams in Dublin and across the globe.
You won’t be told what to build. You’ll be shown the problems and opportunities, given access to people you need to talk to, and given the tools you need in order to lead your team to success.
Due to our continued growth, Flipdish is seeking to hire an experienced Principal Quality Engineer. This person will join the Engineering team with the opportunity to transform our quality stance in terms of automation, speed, and reliability.
You will work closely with Product, Support, DevOps, development teams, and other Principals to help drive us forward in our goal to deliver high quality software across a large number of products.
The successful candidate for this role will be looking for an exciting new challenge in a hyper-growth environment. You should have a passion for technology and team leadership, and be willing to take on new challenges and input to the company’s growth.
What You'll Do:
- You educate, keeping the engineering community up to date on advanced technical issues, test technologies, and trends.
- Participate, sharing knowledge and collaborating with other Senior Engineers, specifically attending and/or presenting at internal conferences, principal engineer community events and making yourself available to global developer outreach efforts.
- You are able to represent all teams across a major product and/or large cross-functional project efforts.
- Identify areas for improvement in tools, test environments, data collection or creation, integration points, reporting mechanisms, etc. and are able to design complete solutions and then lead engineers to implement those solutions
- Continuously review and contribute to test plans
- Involve, guide and mentor developers in adopting automation testing during the whole lifecycle of a feature and maintenance of testing framework
- Work closely with Product Owners and engineers to deliver high quality working software
- Extensive experience in quality automation and quality initiatives
- Experience of CI/CD with tooling such as DevOps, Circle CI, Jenkins
- Experience with Automated API testing, Docker, Cypress and Web Driver IO
- Experience with testing native iOS/Android, React web, React-Native apps and APIs
- Experience with software-based infrastructure such as Azure, AWS, GCP
- Experience in design and implementation of automation-frameworks
- Experience of Load testing and performance testing- SaaS Applications.
- Experience in defining Test Strategies for large complex products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- SaaS or Cloud company background
- You enjoy solving puzzles
Too many to list on this job post! We are a growing startup that understands that only amazing incentives will attract the best talent. This obviously includes ESOP because we want all of our best employees to have skin in the game. In addition to a long list of incentives, we provide unparalleled opportunities for growth and development. If you are smart, ambitious and hard-working, we will do whatever it takes to convince you to join the Flipdish rocketship!
We also have
- Access to training and certification
- Collaborative work environment with a dynamic and diverse team — and we do actually mean this and invest in it
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
No business embodies diversity like the food business. And at Flipdish, we're all about empowering those diverse, local, independent businesses - all over the planet. For us, diversity isn't a checkbox. It's embedded in how we work. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills - all working together in an open, honest and transparent culture. Because our strength comes from embracing our differences: differences that reflect the diverse customers we serve.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 280 digital food retailing enthusiasts, 6000 active clients across 12 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”