1-2 days per week at home
Core hours 10 - 4
At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we’re building the first patient-centred communication platform. Our products help doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators, carers and anyone else involved in a patient's care to communicate easily with patients and with each other. We believe this will transform how healthcare is delivered, improving patient outcomes, improving staff morale and increasing the efficiency of health systems.
Our products have 98% adoption in GP practices and we are investing into other areas of healthcare (hospitals, pharmacies, care homes). By making messaging easier, we’re making more of medicine asynchronous, from simple consultations to getting advice from hospital specialists, saving time and making it easier for staff to communicate.
We stay close to our users with everyone visiting a GP practice at least twice a quarter to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here.
Life as a Product Director at accuRx
- You'll be responsible for building and communicating an inspiring vision and a coherent product strategy for your business unit (aka a "Clan", circa 60 people)
- You’ll work with stakeholders both in and outside of your Clan, to align your Clan’s product strategy with the wider company strategy and goals
- You'll be a key player in your Clan Leadership team, working closely with the other leads to ensure the Clan has everything it needs to deliver on its goals.
- You'll enjoy being accountable for your Clan reaching product milestones.
- You'll be responsible for ensuring a high quality bar for everything your clan produces across the full product lifecycle.
- You'll be able to articulate the key risks and trade offs facing your Clan.
- You'll coach the Product Managers in your Clan to solve issues as they rise, rather than jumping in yourself.
- You'll understand our users and their needs to ensure the products we build stay relevant for all of our users.
- You'll help transform data into create actionable insights, that inform decision making across the Clan.
- You understand that doing everything is the same as doing nothing, so you'll help us ruthlessly prioritise our ideas.
- You'll enjoy managing, mentoring and coaching - knowing which to use in any given situation
- You'll demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbally and in written form.
- You'll love sharing ideas and new ways of working between the various teams you support.
- You'll love hiring and are constantly thinking about how we can source new talent and improve our processes.
- You'll believe passionately that any company is only as strong as its culture and want to help make the product community the best it can be. You'll be the first to share what you've learnt, and the first to admit your mistakes.
What the team say:
“Joining as a Product Director you’ll lead multiple product teams, coaching and mentoring product managers to ensure we have healthy teams that are able to deliver on their goals. You’ll be joining at an exciting time of high growth with the opportunity to have a significant impact on the healthcare system.”
Laura Palit, Product Director for the GP Clan
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You have worked as a Product Manager for 3+ years
- You have experience of managing and coaching other Product Managers
- You've shown yourself to be an excellent servant leader
- You have a solid technical understanding of software development and web technologies
- You’re intelligent, both intellectually and emotionally, and use a mixture of facts and empathy to inspire and motivate your team and the wider business
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're passionate about improving healthcare
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits package:
- £80,000 - £100,000 salary + meaningful share options
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our company handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at accuRx 🤩
Diversity & Inclusion
accuRx is committed to being an inclusive employer and, as part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.