1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
📍 Birmingham City centre office 3 days per week, Remote 2 days per week. Although you are more than welcome in the office 5 days should you wish - once you see it you will want to!!
⏳ 37.5 hours per week. Monday to Friday, 9am - 5.30pm. There may be occasional Saturday working required during peak times which will be instead of one of your 'usual' work days and you will be given plenty of notice
🟢 Permanent Contract
🗓️ Due to onboarding and training plans you must be able to start on Tuesday 24th May
💷 £9.75 per hour, plus guaranteed increases after probation AND after training completion!
Always wanted to work in a SaaS scale-up? There are a number of reasons why we are officially a ‘Great Place To Work’ including a personal development budget, performance related pay, an amazing city centre office and a big focus on well being including coaching sessions, social events, culture clubs and so much more!
Now’s your chance to join us… We’re looking for a Full time Referencing Executive to join the team at Goodlord in our new Birmingham City Centre Office
ABOUT THE ROLE
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a Referencing-Support Executive to help us achieve this.
In this role, you’ll be troubleshooting user queries via live chat, phone, and our email contact channels. Goodlord Referencing vets thousands of our agency clients’ prospective tenants and guarantors each week.
Our dual mission is to ensure agencies and landlords are protected from taking bets on risky tenants, whilst providing agencies and their applicants with a best-in-class customer experience.
The work our Referencing team does has a very tangible, real-world impact: moving house is a major life event and we have direct influence over an applicant’s ability to move into their chosen property.
With this great power comes great responsibility; we operate in a performance-driven environment and understand the need for process, quality and efficiency.
The day to day stuff:
Goodlord Referencing is a team that’s rapidly growing so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). These are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Working on live chat, phone, email to solve referencing issues for our customers and users
- Majority of the client queries come via phones so most of your time will be spent in assisting customers on phones
- Providing the best customer service to all the clients
- Identifying root causes for simple issues which cause customers to contact us repeatedly
The knowledge and skills you’ll need to be successful in this role.
- You have previous experience working in an inbound, customer service role - ideally in a customer contact/call centre environment
- You are empathetic and resilient; you enjoy the challenge of providing best in class customer service
- You have a customer-centric work ethic; you understand the needs of our different customers, the services they have signed up for and exceed their expectations
- You have a track record of delivering against targets consistently; you’re a little competitive, you get a kick out of hitting targets and encourage your teammates to do the same
- You aren’t fazed by change; you take the rough with the smooth and have a positive impact on those you work with
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 2500 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 300 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And this year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 20th Great Place to Work in the UK medium-sized businesses
- 12th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for women
- 11th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for tech
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified Employer
- Top 100 Flexible Employer 2022
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING A GOODLORDIAN:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. That’s why we have a team pot for training courses which your manager will be in charge of
- Holiday: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We offer 23 day plus UK Bank Holidays.
- Supporting your family: we offer Referencing Goodlordians 13 weeks of fully-paid parental leave to look after their new arrivals, in addition to statutory parental leave
- Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us, if there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come join us!
** Please note all offers will be subject to satisfactory reference checks and if you’ll be working with financial info we’ll also need to complete a customer and DBS check. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer.