3-4 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We're a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it's churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH's growth.
Our office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub. With an open-plan space, ideal for collaborative working, an outdoor terrace for a team lunch, or a dedicated studio for a yoga class.
The Data Engineering Hub is part of a vision to build highly autonomous and empowered Data Engineering teams that move rapidly to deliver big impact with some of our most challenging and high visibility projects. You will be an integral part of our Hub, being responsible for helping build, maintain and improve our data warehouse and BI architecture and tools. Our motto is "Work hard, play hard!". We are a relaxed, easy going team, made of different nationalities. Everyone's idea matters, regardless of the level of seniority. We work in agile methodology, having daily standups, retrospectives, sprint planning, etc. Working collaboratively as a team and with our business colleagues, both here in London and across our other locations, you'll be shaping the technical direction of a critically important part of Farfetch.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will be managing a team of 5 skilled mid and senior data engineers;
- You will be responsible for their OKRs, career growth and developments.
- You will constantly evolve data models & schema design of our data warehouse to support our business' self-service needs.
- You won't just be managing products, but also implementing features, e.g. prototyping a Python-centric ETL of new data sources into the data warehouse to make them available for dashboarding & analysis;
- You will work to create solutions that deal with our large volumes of data.
- You will work with the team to set and maintain standards and development practices.
- You will be a keen advocate of quality and continuous improvement.
WHO YOU ARE
- You had experience in managing a team and mentoring other members within your team
- You have experience in building and maintaining data pipelines;
- You can productionase your code, but also know that something done is better than something perfect, and iterate over time to improve it;
- You have experience in a cloud environment, preferably GCP;
- You are able to interact and engage with stakeholders either from business or other technical areas;
- You have experience in continuous delivery principles: version control, unit and automated tests;
- You see around corners: balancing scrappy results with building high quality data and infrastructure
- You have excellent communication skills;
- You can write SQL in your sleep, as well as Python stack, e.g. numpy, pandas, etc
- You are proficient in creating and evolving dimensional data models & schema designs to improve accessibility of data and provide intuitive analytics
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
You will be an integral part of our Hub, being responsible for helping build, maintain and improve our data warehouse and BI architecture and tools.