A little flex time
What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
We have over 260+ talented employees serving over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally. Backed by investors including FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North, Paddle aims to define the next wave of B2B SaaS leaders.
Working within our Core engineering team, you will help lead on the technical vision of the department. You will work closely with other members of the Core team, the product engineering teams and engineering leadership to ensure that the platform and its future is aligned with the team’s goals, as well as the department’s vision. You will evaluate new tools to improve our platform and become an evangelist for Technology at Paddle.
- Go for our new services
- PHP and Laravel for our legacy system
- Docker in production and local development
- gRPC for internal services running on AWS Fargate
- AWS lambda for event-based services
- AWS SQS for our asynchronous message queues
- MySQL and DynamoDB for persistent data storage
- Redis for key/value store
- Terraform and Cloudformation for infrastructure management
What you'll do
- Facilitate and coordinate on the execution of our department’s technical vision, with good collaboration with others in the department
- Be a go-to person for technical architecture and modern design patterns using the right tools for the job
- Contribute to idea generation for new platform capabilities and brings them to fruition
- Contribute to the definition of a solid high-level technical roadmap that is aligned with strategic goals clearly visualizing commercial and business impact
- Guide conversations to remove blockers and encourage collaboration across teams
- Be an evangelist for technology at Paddle and Paddle values to the Engineering & Product external community, improving our employer branding and helping attract new talent.
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- Solid experience as a software engineer in Go
- Experience designing and building systems to handle high traffic at scale in a cloud-based environment
- A proven track record of leading on cross-functional initiatives, including collaborating with both technical people within the department and stakeholders externally
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 260 (and growing!) people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from our amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.