Remote-first - We meet both in / out of the London office occasionally
Fully flexible hours
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by established names like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new regions all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
At TrueLayer we believe that bridging the gap between engineering and design is the best way to build frictionless products. That’s why our designers, developers, and PMs consistently collaborate (think less “silo”, more “free flow”). So, from end-user interfaces to our developer Console, there’s no problem that we can’t tackle at scale with intuitive, user-centric, beautiful design.
As a UX/UI Designer in the design system team, you’ll be right at the centre of our design org. A champion of best UX and UI practices, helping continuously shape our design language alongside product and brand designers, and frontend engineers.
What does that mean? It means being a creator and guardian of our components, helping to define their interactions and document their behaviour. Creating the resources that keep every team aligned by design. And impacting our entire user experience.
You’ll work with a whole heap of teams, on a whole heap of projects, across a whole heap of industries. You’ll use the very latest design tools and technologies. And you’ll do it all as we go global.
As one of our design system designers, you will:
- Help develop our design language further
- Advocate for best-in-class UX and UI design for internal and external projects
- Create and maintain multiple complex Figma component libraries
- Write well-researched documentation for all our components
- Craft UX/UI, accessibility and testing guidelines
- Work closely with product designers, brand designers and engineers
- Write content for and maintain the Prisma website (aka single source of design truth)
- Build design and code libraries with frontend engineers
- Track metrics, and use them to improve collaboration and adoption
What we need from you:
- Experience working on design systems
- Experience collaborating with engineers
- Previous experience in tech, and in an agile environment
- A data-driven approach to making decisions and backing up assertions
- A passion for design consistency and alignment
- A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and JS
- Familiarity with usability testing methods
- A user-first attitude, always
- Experience creating processes to stay aligned with the overall design org
- Experience with building components in Figma
- Experience with ReactJS and Git version control
- Experience with accessibility best practices
- An understanding of content management systems
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, transparent environment in which you can be your true self, learn and grow 🌳
- Attend conferences and training courses using our learning & development allowance (€1200/yr) 📚
- Flexible hours ⌛
- Both remote and office working, with 20% of your time spent in our Milan office 🏡 Note: we're 100% remote during the pandemic
- A one-off contribution of €200 to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy — minimum 24 days. If you need more, just ask ✈️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of your holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Generous parental leave above and beyond statutory requirements, for either parent 👩👩👦
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- Meal vouchers for every day you’re working, including while remote
- CCNL Commercio terziario e distribuzione servizi
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).