Remote-first - With Office Locations
Fully flexible hours
Our digital channels are key to how we engage our supporters and reach people affected by blood cancer. We have huge ambitions to grow our voluntary income and we believe our digital capability and delivery will be key to this.
Working in the Public Fundraising side of the Fundraising team, this role is responsible for ensuring our we are attracting new financial supporters and the continual improvement of how we engage our existing community.
You’ll be knowledgeable about digital content production and unremittingly data-driven, with the drive and attention to detail to be constantly optimising to make sure our digital user journeys deliver the best possible results. If you are the sort of person who loves that feeling when you see an ROI improve as a result of a change you’ve made, the stage is set for you to have a transformational impact and play an important role in helping us to beat blood cancer.
We have made significant progress in setting up, embedding and monitoring our digital supporter journeys over the last couple of years, but there’s much more that we want to do to ensure that digital communications are central to our fundraising activity. The aim of this role is to make sure our digital fundraising activity fulfils its potential in helping our mission to beat blood cancer.
The key focus of the role will be working across Fundraising with specialist teams in each area (although predominantly within the Public Fundraising & Individual Giving department) to analyse, report on and make suggested improvements to digital engagement (email, Facebook and Google Ads are currently our most important channels) and our key user journeys (the donate funnel, events pages, our DIY community product pages).
You will also play a role building relationships across the Fundraising Directorate at Blood Cancer UK to understand teams’ priorities and will work closely with them to ensure all digital fundraising elements but in particular email delivers their objectives.
You will have oversight of the digital budget across the fundraising directorate and will advise on how to best allocate budgets.
- Work with leads in Fundraising to develop an audience-led digital marketing strategy that aligns to the overall fundraising strategy.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to ensure we have the systems, people and processes to fully leverage online channels to drive engagement and income growth.
- Develop relationships with teams across Fundraising, understanding their priorities and supporting them to use digital marketing to meet their objectives.
- Develop strong relationships with central digital team to understand their priorities and play a key role working with them to ensure fundraising priorities are ‘baked into’ wider organisational priorities.
- Hands-on optimisation and management of digital fundraising elements (in particular within individual giving), using data to make decisions and to make recommendations on when to increase or reduce our expenditure.
- Develop a good understanding of how digital as a channel fits into our wider fundraising & be responsible for putting together an operational plan for how all of these digital components can be best optimised to work together including our website, email, SEO, organic social media and email.
- Provide strategic digital insight and analysis to support fundraising teams to be able to develop and deliver new fundraising products and then drive the delivery of these by developing and optimising digital marketing and retention strategies.
- Be responsible for driving forward the income potential of fundraising campaigns and support fundraising and services teams in enhancing their understanding on how best to maximise the engagement of their campaigns, providing expert guidance on the use of digital channels.
- Implement improvements for enhancing fundraising data collection, and ensure our reporting and analysis through, for example, improved web tagging or behavioural tracking.
- Lead on devising, implementing and monitoring a range of test activity that will enable us to learn more about how best to engage our supporters.
- Design, implement and maintain a suite of fundraising digital reports with a priority on email, providing timely and relevant business intelligence through reporting and dashboards, and conducing organisation-wide evaluations of our digital marketing activity.
- Work to improve fundraising’s understanding of digital as a channel helping non-digital teams improve their understanding of it. Through training and support develop the digital marketing capabilities in fundraising that will help enable us to be a digitally mature team.
- Support on shaping best practice for ways of working between Fundraising & the central digital team.
- Keep up to date with fundraising sector wide trends, scoping opportunities for testing and trying new ideas.
THINGS WE ALL DO
- Promote Blood Cancer UK’s vision, mission and core values
- We’re all fundraisers. This is slightly different for all roles, and your team will have fundraising KPIs and objectives we all work to
- Attend and assist at Blood Cancer UK events and activities as required (NB this involves evening and weekend work)
- Be an effective ambassador for Blood Cancer UK at any activity you attend
- All staff are expected to adhere to Blood Cancer UK’s policies and procedures
- Do any other reasonable things your manager needs you to do
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Experience of delivering significant improvements in digital user journeys, and the ability to think strategically
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and external agencies and suppliers, working with and balancing the needs of multiple internal stakeholders simultaneously
- Demonstrable understanding of how to use digital content across a number of channels in the context of a health charity and/or within a fundraising and/or customer relationship management context (and if you’ve not got experience in all of these, please make sure you address this in your application)
- Knowledge of digital marketing approaches, including multichannel marketing solutions, email and digital best practice in delivering customer or supporter journeys.
- Good understanding of SEM and what content works for which audience, including the ability to design and implement digital content
- Passion for a data-driven approach, with a commitment to enhancing existing and new products through digital analysis, optimising, testing and learning, and a deep knowledge of analytics platforms and techniques
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity and the aims and values of Blood Cancer UK
Our teams work hard every day to make a true difference in the lives of those affected by blood cancer. We are proud to support them with a range of benefits, recognition and many options for agile working. All contributing to a strong work/life balance. We also have various learning opportunities to support you in your development and help you grow to realise your potential and shape a career with Blood Cancer UK.