1-2 days per week at home
Core hours 10 - 4
At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we’re building the first patient-centred communication platform. Our products help doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators, carers and anyone else involved in a patient's care to communicate easily with patients and with each other. We believe this will transform how healthcare is delivered, improving patient outcomes, improving staff morale and increasing the efficiency of health systems.
Our products have 98% adoption in GP practices and we are investing into other areas of healthcare (hospitals, pharmacies, care homes). By making messaging easier, we’re making more of medicine asynchronous, from simple consultations to getting advice from hospital specialists, saving time and making it easier for staff to communicate.
We stay close to our users with everyone visiting a GP practice at least twice a quarter to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here.
Life as a Senior Full Stack Engineer at accuRx
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join us and help shape the future of our product.
Working closely with our CTO and VP of Engineering, you will pioneer development and be relied upon as one of our greatest technical experts. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you’ll scale and innovate our product like never before, as well as build brand new solutions. You'll also play a key role in driving technical product choices as part of a cross functional team.
You'll work closely with other Engineers, UX Designers, Product Managers, Researchers and our Clinical Leads. Together you will work in six week cycles to deliver specific product goals.
To best service healthcare practices and build a scalable solution that will be used in every GP practice, hospital and care home in the UK we currently work with Kubernetes, C# (.net core), SQL, React, ES6, TypeScript and Redux (check out our full tech stack here). However, we are constantly learning, iterating and improving. As we continue to grow at a phenomenal rate, who knows what tech stack we will be working with soon - and you could be the person to show us!
What’s unique about engineering at accuRx?
Every day you’ll be applying the “product engineer” mindset. This means being close to users and their needs (e.g. getting involved in user research by joining sessions with patients and their healthcare teams), helping decide what we build (e.g. collaborating on design and specifications), building with a focus on the end goal and being responsible for continuous improvement to the live services you have shipped.
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You have 4+ years of experience in both Frontend and Backend software / product engineering.
- You have experience in a typed language. We use C# and Typescript. Our tech stack can be found here.
- You have experience working in highly user centric businesses where there is constant iteration of a product
- Although not essential it would be great if you had worked in a growing start up
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're passionate about improving healthcare
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way.
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life.
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits package:
Our package includes:
- £70,000 - £95,000 salary + meaningful share options (see our public progression framework and salary bandings)
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
Read more about our benefits here.
Check us out on Instagram to see what life at accuRx is really like!
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our company handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at accuRx 🤩
Diversity & Inclusion
accuRx is committed to being an inclusive employer and, as part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.