A little flex time
About now you’d expect us to tell you what Amplience do. Well, we don’t do the expected. Instead, we want to tell you about what we believe in – freedom. Freedom is everything Amplience stands for. That’s why, if you want to work with us (we’d be honoured) you’d better be ok with working your own way.
(Oh and in case you were wondering, what we do is help create the future of customer experiences.)
Now it’s over to you. Take a look and see if what we need sounds like you.
Amplience is scaling quickly and we're looking to bring in a senior engineer to help build out our internal network, covering staff support all the way through to specifying systems, tool choices, architectures, security etc. We're flexible, remote and focused on getting things done with as little red-tape as possible. We're also keen proponents of Honest Security, being fully transparent with out staff what is necessary to keep our devices and infrastructure secure.
- Lead the Internal infrastructure at Amplience
- Scope, implement and manage the modern desktop environment including Zero trust
- Help to define and progress our on-going hardening of our internal infrastructure and remote team devices.
- Work directly with SecOps to provide insight in to use and potential threats.
- Define and roll out hardware keys.
- Automate processes wherever possible.
- Disaster scenario planning and building out resilience.
- Set and manage SLI's / SLO's that drive our internal SLA's
- Use data and metrics for anomaly detection.
- Patch management
- Mentor, support and develop team members
- Scripting - Powershell / bash / Python
- Help deliver and codify our internal security principles
- Support the day to day incident management processes
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Solid background in MacOS, Windows and Linux Desktop OS'es.
- Detailed understanding of SSO / SAML2 / OpenID.
- Thorough understanding of TCPIP, DHCP, DNS, WiFi etc.
- Use and knowledge of OSquery - Kolide / Fleet.
- Have defined, implemented IdP solutions such as JumpCloud / Okta / Azure / OneLogin
- Implemented and manged device management including Apple MDM, AutoPilot Focused on providing excellent customer service.
- Very strong RCA approach.
- Ticketing systems like Jira and Freshservice.
- Understanding Compliance policies, rules.
- Security principles and end point hardening.
- Conditional Access policies.
- Microsoft 365, Defender and Azure Sentinel.
- A love of markdown and documenting learning's to share.
- Creating simple repeatable processes.
- Management of small team of desktop support / internal infrastructure engineers. CIS benchmarking.
So what’s in it for you? Aside from using some great technologies and working with smart friendly people who are very generous with their knowledge, we have a great set of benefits to recognise everybody’s individual needs.
- Freedom to work from home, with offices for when you want them
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Employee share options so that everyone can benefit from our success
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you’ve been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans
- Study leave