A little flex time
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
It’s a key topic at the moment, we have addressed this by implementing a “Remote-First” policy. What this ultimately means is you have the choice as to whether you Work Fully Remotely as long as you're UK or Netherlands based, or visit the lush offices in London, Cardiff or Amsterdam; it’s up to you!
About the role
We’re looking for an exceptional Product Director to join our team. You'll be responsible for mentoring and coaching a set of Product Managers, helping us ship quality products that solve real customer problems and generate considerable commercial value. This role reports to the Chief Product Officer and will form part of the Product Leadership Team with other Product Directors.
What you'll get to do...
- This is a list of the types of challenges and work you'll encounter here!
- Conduct deep research of the market, customer trends & technology to inform product strategy
- Use strategic frameworks & commercial analysis to develop a product strategy
- Get buy-in for product strategy from colleagues & stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Implement product strategy so it generates outsized returns for Currencycloud
- Collaborate with customers & colleagues, including facilitating workshops, to develop new ideas for features & products
- Speak with (prospective) customers day-in and day-out
- Pattern match and use quantitative and qualitative analyses to generate hypotheses around customer problems and potential solutions
- Disprove hypotheses at pace so we get new products to market quickly
- Responsible for end-to-end product development process: discovery, delivery & adoption
- Expert at Agile Software Development, with a keen sense of coaching to improve the outputs of their software engineering teams
- Highly skilled at getting alignment from across the business as to what should be built and why
- Marshalls people and resources to get new products into the hands of customers
- Leads by example and brings people with them to effect change within the business…particularly change that cuts across different functions
- Has examples of projects which they have led from start to finish and where they have won the hearts and minds of stakeholders from all corners of a business
- Goes “outside their lane” frequently to effect change
- Experience and intuition to coach other Product Managers
- Unblocks systemic blockers for direct reports and the business
Clear strategic thinking & product sense:
Top-notch Customer and Product Development skills:
Experience shipping high quality products, quickly:
Natural leadership and influencing abilities:
- 4+ years experience in Product Management preferably in software-first business/s
- Have developed and implemented Product Strategy that generates considerable value for our business
- Has the ability/experience to coaches and mentor other Product Managers to become stars
- FinTech / Payments / API experience is preferable but not required
- Takes accountability
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Empowers others
- Beholds honesty & integrity
- Inspires others through their vision, commitment & passion
- Clear communicator
- Great decision maker
We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs