Fully flexible hours
Finance Business Partner
£45,000 - £60,000
⭐️ Our Perks
❤️ Values-driven culture - we're really proud of our culture. Check out our Employee Guide for more detail!
Drive your own experience 🙌
📚 Learning and Development - £1,000 learning budget each year + unlimited learning leave to drive your own development.
🤸🏽♂️ Flexible working hours - You have the choice to work in the way that brings out the best in you whether you're an early bird or night owl.
🏢 Distributed working - £500 WFH allowance and co-working options (no full time office vibes over here!)
💻 Technology - Your choice of Mac or Windows via Hofy.
📮 Surprises - Letterbox gifts.
Empowering you to be your most authentic self ✨
🏖 25 Holiday Days + your local bank holidays — because we're global like that, thanks Omnipresent
🎂 1 Birthday day - unless you're the Queen and get 2! 👑
🏠 1 Life Event day - to recognise life's big moments like a wedding, graduation, moving house
🛌 2 Duvet days - to press the pause button and reset mentally, no questions asked
🙏🏼 Religious Celebrations Leave — time to celebrate what's important to you, regardless of your faith or where you are in the world
💜 Compassionate Leave — up to 5 days time off or more if you lose a loved one, regardless of who it is - whether you've miscarried or lost a pet, you don't need to tell us why
⛅ Seasonal Hours — 2 hour lunch breaks on Tues & Thurs in Winter ❄️, we finish at 2pm on Fridays in Summer ☀️
🧠 Mental Healthcare - Unlimited qualified therapy-based support through Oliva
🤕 Paid sick leave - Enhanced sick pay up to 40 days each rolling year
UK Learnerbees 🇬🇧
🤒 Income Protection - 75% of your salary covered for 3 years if you become ill long term
👩🏾⚕️ Healthcare Cash Plan - Level 5 cover with SimplyHealth, you get money back when you spend on health appointments e.g. physio, dental, optician + more
💰 Pension — Learnerbly matches 4% of your salary into your pension pot to help you save for the future
Who we are
Our mission is to be the most inspiring learning platform for people and organisations around the world. We are a team of 60+ and over the last four years, we’ve built an online marketplace curated from 250+ of the best learning providers. So far, we’ve supported thousands of employees from fast growing tech scale-ups and progressive businesses like GoCardless, Curve, King and Freetrade to power their learning culture. We've only just started our journey to help unlock everyone's full potential.
Read more about us here, find out what we’re talking about on our blog or see how we empower companies to commit to a culture of learning during a shift to more remote based working!
Our Mission, Vision, and Purpose
- Our mission is to be the most inspiring learning platform for people and organisations around the world.
- Our vision is to create a world where everyone unlocks their full potential
- We believe everyone can make a difference.
🙌 The role
The Finance team at Learnerbly is at an interesting stage of its development. We have just raised our Series A, and are in the process of implementing a number of growth initiatives and investment decisions. We are now starting to build out a highly effective finance team and implement scalable processes, and this role will be a key part of this phase of our growth.
Reporting to our Head of Finance, Dan Evans 👋, this role will introduce the concept of Finance Business Partnering to our Operations, PX, Product, and Engineering teams, building out our processes, systems and reporting in these areas while showing them the value that can be added by a Finance Business Partner.
At Learnerbly we’re building a “Business Partnering First” Finance team. Our team is structured by the teams that we partner with, rather than your traditional Finance teams (think financial accounting, management accounting, Fin Ops). This means that we’re looking for well-rounded individuals who are capable of understanding all aspects of Finance for their partners in the business.
What you'll be getting up to
- Developing strong relationships with our leadership team (both at a Head of and C-suite level), becoming the “Finance brain” within their team and a trusted business partner, while also challenging them.
- Improving our processes following our Series A to enable us to be timely, accurate, and rigorous at scale.
- Ensuring that we have the right systems in place, and once implemented continuously working to improve our usage of them.
- Collating financial and non-financial data together to create reports and dashboards that enable our leadership team to better understand the business and equip them to make strategic decisions.
- Solving complex business problems by finding creative and innovative solutions. You’ll translate ambiguous situations into clearly defined outcomes - thriving in the 'grey'.
- Commercial Finance is viewed as the main pillar at our current stage of growth. This role would therefore own the wider finance tasks around the teams it partners to. For example a business partner to the Commercial team would be responsible for our billing process/system, and the accounting associated with it.
This role will be a great fit if
- You’ve enabled a business to scale through a significant growth phase. We have 70 people now but plan to grow past 100+ this year.
- You're already a Business Partner who already loves working with teams outside of Finance and are excited to partner with new teams.
- You’re energised by the opportunity and ownership that comes with being one of our first few hires in Finance and building our processes from scratch.
- You pride yourself on your ability to build strong relationships - quickly. You're able to work with leaders who haven't worked with a finance business partnering model before and are excited to show them what they're missing 😉
- Your default is to use data to equip leaders with the insights they need to make decisions and plans, driving commercial solutions that have an impact.
- You are a qualified accountant (or qualified by experience).
- Have an inquisitive mind and question why we do things. You’ll always look at ways in which we can improve.
- You're a natural influencer and instill trust with everyone you interact with. You can take people through journeys of change with relative ease.
- You’ll have advanced excel / Google Sheets skills (we work in Sheets). Not just in data manipulation, but you’re also skilled in visualising data in a way that tells a story.
It'd be a bonus if
- You have experience leading Business Partnering teams
- You've partnered with operational & tech teams
- You have experience with Xero, Netsuite, Spendesk and Chargebee. In the past, you have been involved in system implementations.
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply for a role unless they are 100% qualified. Your experience, skills and passion will set you apart so tell us about your achievements, irrespective of whether they are personal or work-related, tell us about your journey, and about what you learnt.
So, if this role excites you, don't let our role description hold you back, get applying!
🕵️♀️ Hiring Process
Support - If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be at your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.
💛 Our Values
We look for people who share our values and can add to our culture. Values are shared beliefs that guide our decision-making, culture is how we function as a group and how we live our values as individuals.
- Always Grow: We are curious and continuously take ourselves out of our comfort zone to spark new ways to develop ourselves, and each other. We humbly respond to feedback and proactively share advice with others to reveal new insights and accelerate growth. We proactively share what we learn and seek the contrary opinion in the room to diversify perspectives.
- Include Intentionally: We go the extra mile to include diverse perspectives in everything we do, to create an environment where everyone can belong. We deliberately default to trust and embrace everyone, to create a safe space to share our thoughts and make mistakes to learn from. We bring our best authentic selves to the party, to live more fulfilling lives.
- Create Impact: We think big and bold, and use our resourcefulness to bring solutions to the table and achieve Learnerbly goals. We experiment and deliver fast, and take pride in the quality of our work to drive the best outcome for our user. We set boundaries and prioritise ruthlessly to protect our time, focus, and wellbeing, so we can perform sustainably.
- Win Together: We are accountable to ourselves and each other, we communicate clearly and simply to drive alignment and enable action. We make the time to support others and are able to ask for help when it's needed to move forward as a team. We celebrate each other's successes because when we win, we win together. And if we don't win, we learn together.
🌈 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
At Learnerbly, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities should be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, caring responsibilities, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Learnerbly. We strive to embed it not just into our values but throughout our entire culture.