3-4 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We´re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We're a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it's churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH's growth.
Our office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub. Our open-plan space is ideal for collaborative working. When you're not doing what's never been done, you can enjoy a team lunch on our large outdoor terrace, or join a yoga class in our dedicated studio.
Fully aligned to our Marketing vertical, the Konnekt team is part of a vision to build a highly autonomous and empowered Data Science / Data Engineering team that moves fast to rapidly deliver big impact with some of our most challenging and high visibility projects. You will be an integral part of our Data Engineering team, being responsible for helping build, maintain and improve our data warehouse and BI architecture and tools. Our motto is "Work hard, play hard!". We are a relaxed, easy going team, made of different nationalities. Everyone's idea matters, regardless of the level of seniority. We work in agile methodology, having daily standups, retrospectives, sprint planning, etc. Working collaboratively as a team and with our business colleagues, both here in London and across our other locations, you'll be shaping the technical direction of a critically important part of Farfetch.
What you´ll do
- You will be managing a team of skilled platform engineers, between juniors and principal level;
- You will be responsible for their OKRs, career growth and developments;
- You will be managing our multi-cloud infrastructure using terraform;
- You will be responsible for scoping out the projects for your team;
- You will be operating and improving our data platform services in AKS and GKE;
- You will work to create solutions that deal with our large volumes of data;
- You´ll be building various data platform tools for monitoring, CI/CD and IaC;
- You will work with the team to set and maintain standards and development practices;
- You will be a keen advocate of quality and continuous improvement;
Who you are
- You had experience in managing a team and mentoring its members;
- You have excellent communication skills;
- You are able to interact and engage with stakeholders either from business or other technical areas;
- You have experience with managing infrastructure as code and associated tools, preferably terraform, pulumi or crossplane;
- You can productionase your code, but also know that something done is better than something perfect, and iterate over time to improve it;
- You have experience in a cloud environment, preferably Azure and GCP;
- You have experience in continuous delivery principles: version control, unit and automated tests;
- You have skills in programming languages, preferably Go, Python or Java;
- You see around corners: balancing scrappy results with building high quality data and infrastructure
Equal Opportunities Statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We can't wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don't want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.