Remote-first - We meet both in / out of the London office occasionally
Fully flexible hours
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by established names like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new regions all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
At TrueLayer, we want the financial system to work for everyone — so we've made it our mission to open up access and put fintech at people's fingertips.
We’re looking for Engineers who love learning new things and working with others to solve complex customer problems. You’ll be at the heart of financial innovation, using industry-disrupting technologies like open banking to revolutionise online payments, and enable financial data to be integrated into any app or website.
Working at a rapidly growing fintech, you’ll encounter new and exciting challenges as we scale our products and infrastructure to meet the demands of our customers, and expand our ecosystem to open up new possibilities. Guided by our Engineering Principles, you’ll collaborate on the design, implementation, delivery and operation of our products — in short: you’ll build it, you’ll run it!
In addition to working with modern development frameworks and cloud technologies, we are committed to helping you develop new skills and advance in your career. Whether you want to continue to grow your technical expertise or move into leadership, we have clear and tangible paths for everyone, irrespective of your level of experience, role or discipline.
TrueLayer’s Client Operations team is the voice of TrueLayer to our customers. We count on our technical support team to help developers use our product to build financial applications, as quickly, reliably, and securely as possible.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer who can help us build internal tools and automations, fix bugs, and provide mitigation for our clients promptly as well as help build a 5-star Fintech support platform by creating new ways to solve our clients’ problems. They must be client and solution-focused and understand that each client’s needs are unique. Each ticket created by our clients is an opportunity for us to learn how to build better products.
This role is critical to the success of our Client Operations team. Your day-to-day will include investigating issues by querying logs, liaising with Client Care level-1 and -2 as well as banks directly to get to the bottom of difficult issues, and also fixing any bugs you find. Besides this, you will also help us define how we service our clients in the future. The Technical Support Engineer will help build internal tools which the team can then use to get to the root cause of client issues in a faster, more efficient, manner.
What we expect from you, as a Technical Support Engineer:
- Provide mitigation solutions by analysing logs and code to better characterise client issues and determine workarounds
- Offer clients third line (development) support and fix bugs in
- Contribute to FAQs, internal and external documentation to drive understanding of our product
- Proactively search and fix bugs before our clients reports them
- Work closely with our engineering and product teams to perform root cause analysis for our clients and be the voice of the user to prioritise feature requests as well as improve the quality of our products
- Design, implement and maintain internal tools for the Client Operations team to increase efficiency
- Be part of a growing international team: you are actively thinking of ways to enhance our processes, our internal tools, and the way we work
- Be available for some on-call work depending on the severity of issues submitted by client.
Benefits and Compensation
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A remote-working budget to help set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👦
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private Health Insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid Wellbeing Days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- A technical background with an OOP programming language, preferably C#/.NET Core, TypeScript, or Rust
- Experience with HTTP requests, RESTful APIs, and JSON/YAML
- Technical issue troubleshooting experience
- Good writing and speaking skills
- Strong analytical skills
- A client-first attitude and the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical customers or colleagues
- A willingness to learn and share knowledge
- An ability to prioritise your tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment
We'd be particularly excited if you have:
- Experience with logging/analytics/monitoring systems (Kibana/Grafana/Honeycomb)
- AWS/QuickSight knowledge
- Zapier or similar automation apps knowledge
- Knowledge of another European language (German, French, Spanish etc.)
About our hiring process
Our hiring process typically consists of four stages:
Full details on the interview process, including preparation tips and the qualities we look for in future TrueLayeristas, can be found on our blog.
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).