Fully flexible hours
At Capdesk, we’re rewriting how companies use equity to empower their people.
We help businesses unite founders, investors and employees through better equity management and greater access to liquidity – no more waiting for the company to IPO.
In the last few years, we’ve become a leader in our field, providing the easiest way for 1000s of private companies to digitise their equity information and manage employee share schemes. There are no longer any excuses for denying employees a share of the wealth they helped to create.
2021 was eventful – we raised £8m and launched in multiple new European markets – but we’ve set our sights even higher for 2022 and we’re counting on every new joiner to help us get there. We’re staying as lean as possible, so every hire matters.
Capdesk is a remote-friendly startup with a team-first mentality. We have amazing people all over the world but many employees are based in Copenhagen or London where we still have brick-and-mortar offices. This role is open to applications in London, UK!
About the role
We’re going to be unlocking more of the extensive UK market, alongside venturing into Europe to help open opportunities with some of EMEA’s hottest start-ups and scale-ups…and we need your help!
You’ll be joining a growing Sales team and will work directly with our Global Sales Director to learn the ropes and bring you up to speed on our space.
We’re a social bunch, and even in a remote-working world, we still love being around a supportive team in the office. This is a hybrid role with a couple of days spent in our London office.
In this role, you will:
- Be accountable for the day-to-day performance and activities of the sales development team, consistently iterating on the outreach process and outbound strategy
- Recruit, manage, and coach your team of individual contributors
- Use data and insights, establishing metrics and processes to support success and improvement
- Help manage your team’s pipeline of outbound leads effectively, regardless of seasonality
- Collaborate with the sales, partnerships, and marketing teams to enable a seamless outbound strategy
These are the skills and experience we’re looking for:
- 1-2 years of sales management experience within B2B software sales, directly managing a team of BDRs/SDRs
- At least a year of experience in a Sales/Business Development role, with a solid understanding of the outbound strategy and prospecting through various channels
- Creative, results-oriented mentality, with the ability to inspire others to action and accountability
- Data-driven, yet leads with empathy and a servant mentality
- Genuine interest in start ups and scale ups, and the world of private equity
- Hands-on experience with Gong, Outreach, Hubspot, LinkedIn, and Cognism
- Previous experience and network selling to prospects fitting the role of CFO, Finance Director and Financial Controller
- Fluency in a second language such as French or German
To succeed in this role, your personal values matter just as much as your technical skills. Does this sound like you?
- Iteration: Curiosity leads to learning, learning leads to improvement
- Drive: We deliver meaningful results with skill and determination
- Team-first: We support each other and take care of ourselves
What we can offer you:
- Salary based on experience
- Transparent equity ownership. We practise what we preach – everyone shares in the profits and wealth at Capdesk
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing by 1 day every year up to 5 days), plus national holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support as well as access to therapists with Spill
- We’re pretty flexible when it comes to how you work - we trust you to get the work done, wherever you are based
- Enhanced parental leave
- You get your very own Pleo company credit card, so no more expenses hassle
- Annual company meet-up in London and quarterly virtual kick-off events
- Onboarding budget to spend on equipment you need so you can work to the best of your abilities
Want to know what other people think of Capdesk?
- Hear from our current and past hires on Glassdoor
- Hear from some of our customers on Capterra
- We're one of AngelList’s startups to work for in 2022
- We're on Otta's 2021 Rocket List: London's fastest-growing companies to accelerate your career
- We’ve been verified as one of the world’s most flexible companies by Flexa Careers
Capdesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.