Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Audi, Dominos and Starbucks to the Financial Times, RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
We have an incredibly exciting opportunity for a Head of Brand Awareness to join our creative team and help make Tyk famous! This role would be instrumental in making Tyk a recognisable name in the industry.
We want this role to Make Tyk famous! How?
- Creating creative and compelling brand messaging, campaigns, events and activities all-year round
- Primary audiences: Developers at large, Senior Architects, CTOs
- Secondary audiences: Potential recruits, investors, copycats and admirers
- And one day - a household name!
- Ensure Tyk is seen as a thought leader in core spaces for us:
- APIM, GraphQL and iPaaS
- Scale-ups and Enterprise IT communities
- Remote and flexible work
- Developing supportive and strategic relationships with:
- Tech influencers
- National / International broadsheet media titles
- National / international top tier tech press
- Relevant industry bodies (CNCF, OAS, GraphQL Foundation etc)
- Relevant global trade programmes, networks
- Analysts (Gartner, Forrester, etc)
- Relevant and mutually-beneficial technology partners (co-marketing, initiatives)
- Evolve the ‘Tyk Way’
- Responsible for evolving the Tyk brand, tone of voice, and creative campaigns, maintaining a high standard for all our marketing work and ensuring all others in the team, and company, adhere to these standards.
- Ensure we stand out in the beige APIM space for the right reasons, and not for the sake of being different.
- Growing a high-performing team to support you in your goals:
- Motivate a team of world-class marketers who become known for their irreverent, quirky, but overall, notable and successful work.
- Ensure consistency, differentiation and creativity across all Tyk platforms (website, social media channels, design output)
- Ensure our product, technical, commercial, marketing stay true to Tyk as we grow: always having heart, fire in its belly, and a drive to make things better.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Be responsible for ‘Making Tyk Famous’ by driving awareness, advocacy and trust of Tyk and ultimately open source downloads, trials, demos and sales of Tyk.
- Grow awareness, engagement and conversion of Tyk in our primary market of the Americas, along with other key markets in EMEA and APAC.
- Create creative, differentiated and compelling brand messaging, campaigns, events and activities all-year round to support our key use cases and audiences
- API-led product growth
- APIs for infrastructure
- APIs for integration [future state]
- Effective remote working [developers, other recruits, admirers of our approach]
- Develop and oversee implementation of brand strategy to increase global awareness & conversion of Tyk as a trusted and well-loved brand, as well as the Tyk product(s)
- Bring the Tyk brand to life through one-of-a-kind brand campaigns and creative brand concepts that target our key audiences.
- Recruit top talent to build, develop and maintain a world class brand and creative team, where Tyk is admired, imitated and talked about - by peers and competitors as well as our team and users.
- Work with your team, the wider marketing team and the wider Tyk team to provide vision and strategy around brand campaigns. Execute and evaluate them in a data-driven fashion.
- Identify and manage strategic joint marketing opportunities with customers, analysts and technology partners
- Develop our relationships with national, international and relevant trade media and ensure Tyk receives positive, extensive media coverage
- Recruit and manage creative agencies or freelancers around the world; ensuring activities are aligned to our revenue growth strategy.
- Guard the Tyk brand and ensure alignment of global marketing efforts (product, revenue, etc) with overall brand objectives and messaging. Ensure consistency with Tyk’s visual brand, tone of voice and creativity across platforms and channels (website, social media, events, adverts).
- Oversee resources to ensure key activities are activated with the right budget at the right time
- Track and analyse the ROI for brand marketing activities, refining strategies and plans in response to results
Here's what we're looking for:
- Demonstrable experience in brand experience, demand gen and growth marketing for a complex tech product
- Deep background building inclusive, purpose-driven tech brands that speak to technical audiences
- Evidence of a passion for telling creative, innovative and purpose-driven brand stories that make complex topics and systems accessible, relevant and compelling
- Excellent program management skill set able to identify work streams, plan rollouts and execute across stakeholders, teams and timezones
- Experience of managing and/or growing a high-performing team
- Experience building and scaling processes, teams, budgets, tools, and programs.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product, creatives, product marketers, content marketers, and campaign managers of all levels.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service offerings and open source software is a bonus.
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision - we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? - to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk - here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones - so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA - starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free - sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you - make it count!
Trust is a two-way street - instill it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back - we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things, better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them - change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io