Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from small start-ups to global brands like the Financial Times, Capital One, eBay, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
We’ve spent the last two years setting a solid foundation for Tyk’s global marketing efforts: shouting from the rooftops as loud as we can given our diminutive size; cultivating a growing and passionate Tyk community; and taking our open-source mantra out on the road - from the Americas to Australia.
It’s now time to turn things up a notch, so we’re looking to recruit a Product Evangelist to help people find, use, and love, Tyk.
Your role will be a critical bridge between our expert team and the big, wide world, translating, mediating and signposting just why Tyk is so innovative and exciting.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Creating and maintaining white papers, screencasts, demos and videos about Tyk services & solutions, along with emerging technologies and industry developments.
- Writing technical documents and best-practice blogs
- Developing and delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to help drive awareness.
- Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panellist and keynote speaker at Tyk and third party technology conferences, trade shows and press events
- Collaborating with internal teams, community user groups and developer program initiatives.
- Advising and supporting team members on campaign content or channels
- Coordination with commercial, UX and product teams to identify developer needs.
- Reporting on success and providing recommendations for future activities
- Liaising with other remote teams.
- Direct engagement with the developer community through meetups, roadshows, boot camps, hackathons, lectures and other channels of education.
- Community Support - Facilitate a great experience with Tyk for developers at scale with broad reach channels such as Slack, video conference, Stack Overflow and other forums.
- Travel as a Tyk representative to conferences and meet-ups, whether it’s at the booth, handling workshop facilitation and talk presentations
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Significant experience working in a technology evangelist role
- Strong knowledge and experience with cloud computing infrastructure, application development platforms and popular programming languages
- Computer Science Degree
- Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel and ability to work autonomously
- Working knowledge and experience with social / online marketing coupled with prior experience in product definition, bring-to-market strategies and/ or setting an industry standard.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to deliver to tight conflicting deadlines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with people from technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Great attention to detail.
- Presentation skills
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision - we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? - to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk - here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones - so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA - starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free - sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you - make it count!
Trust is a two-way street - instill it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back - we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things, better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them - change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io