Core hours 11 - 3
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our team. As our first finance hire, you’ll play a pivotal role in influencing and implementing best practices, and support the expansion of the finance function as we scale.
You’ll be reporting to our Operations Director and working closely with our CEO. In this role, you will lead on a variety of responsibilities and see the impact of your work in a rapidly growing business, and in return we’ll invest in your development. We’re highly ambitious, and we hope that you are too; you’re likely to be a fast learner, curious, and able to identify how and where improvements can be made quickly. Over the next few years our plans include fundraising and international expansion, so there is a huge opportunity to grow with us.
What we need you to do:
- Financial operations: manage and process payroll, pensions, benefits (including our share option scheme) and expenses. You’ll be keeping our bookkeeping records up to date, preparing our funding claims (such as R&D submissions) and will have responsibility for ensuring that VAT returns, tax and statutory accounts are up to date. You’ll also ensure that clients are invoiced correctly and payments are processed on time.
- Management accounts: Prepare and maintain monthly management accounts (including P&L, cash flow statements and balance sheet)
- Financial modelling: You’ll maintain and monitor our financial models and forecasts, in order to assist and advise our leadership team and investors with strategic financial planning.
- Business planning: You’ll work with the CEO and Operations Director on the annual business plan, and readiness for future equity fundraising processes.
- Systems and software: We currently use various software platforms (such as Xero, Payfit and Dext) to help us build and maintain smooth financial operations. You’ll use your skills and knowledge to ensure that these run smoothly, or will advise on new solutions that meet our needs.
- You are a fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ICAEW), at least 2 years PQE.
- You’ve got experience of working with or for small, growing companies (ideally startups or scaleups).
- You’re comfortable working on operational and commercial finance - from payroll all the way through to financial modelling.
- Please mention the word ‘crane’ in your application.
- You’ve led on the implementation of internal financial processes and developed scaleable, sustainable solutions.
- You’re organised, thorough and meticulous: you take pride in your work and are able to prioritise what matters most.
- You’re able to see the big picture whilst making sure that the small, important details are taken care of.
- You're excited about the impact of what we're building: your energy, determination, and drive inspire others to push for success.
Our purpose is to inspire the world to forecast correctly and empower it to tackle risk, powered by our deep learning technology and its unique ability to forecast the outcomes of construction projects. We’re on a mission to change how construction projects are planned, managed and executed, and in the process unlock a trillion dollars of new project value for the world through our data-driven forecasting.
We’re lucky to work on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, which gives us both an opportunity and a privilege to make a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, every day.
You’ll be joining a world class and well funded team, backed by top investors including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures) that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last three years, and following our latest investment round we’ve got very ambitious growth plans for 2022 and beyond.
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a relatively small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs (role dependant).
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team meals and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.