A little flex time
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will directly impact the success of our end-to-end Natural Language Processing platform, deepset Cloud, ensuring its high performance and availability to satisfy the demands of our customers.
You will join other DevOps and Software Engineers in the Platform team in building & shaping deepset Cloud, our SaaS product, to facilitate building NLP applications for our enterprise clients.
Exemplary tasks: Enable efficient scaling of a GPU-heavy inference service; tune Elasticsearch cluster to optimize search latencies; improve the reliability of deepset Cloud; enable daily zero-downtime deployments.
We are an open source startup that empowers developers to build flexible and powerful semantic search systems to query all types of data using our Haystack framework.
deepset is at the forefront of natural language processing (NLP) and we are on our way to becoming a standard for semantic search. Come join our team and work with tech experts on real-world cases, in a fast-paced and high-impact environment, and shape the NLP space together with us.
Life at deepset
At deepset you will find an environment with equal opportunities to grow, share ideas, build relationships, and succeed. We believe every employee is important and generates a direct impact on our team’s success.
We are certified by Flexa® Careers as a flexible employer, and our remote first culture is designed to provide work-life balance, autonomy, and flexibility.
Our daily meetings, the quarterly in person "Re.Base", and the social events allow us to work with great synergy. We would like to invite you to visit our life page to learn more about our culture.
- You will design, build and operate the SaaS architecture for deepset Cloud
- You will solve performance and scalability challenges to support enterprise-ready NLP applications
- You will be responsible for CI/CD and building tools to improve software development and deployment processes
- You will implement monitoring and alerting strategies to guarantee service availability and optimal performance
- You will introduce best practices to the team to improve the reliability, scalability, and security of our software
- 6+ years experience of working with large scale production infrastructure
- Experience in designing & building service-oriented architectures
- Proficient with AWS, Kubernetes, and CI/CD
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure as Code, preferably Terraform
- Familiarity with Machine Learning/NLP or the motivation to learn about it
- Pragmatism, troubleshooting skills, sense of responsibility, and independent work style
- Remote-first: You can choose to work from home or any other workspace that suits you. We offer a home office budget for equipment and furniture, and we would be happy to sponsor a co-working spot.
- Grow: Personal and professional growth is important to us. We have a budget to learn and develop new skills, the chance to speak at conferences, and our team-favorite is the monthly “Hacky Friday”.
- Connect: We have a virtual office, a monthly social budget to reconnect virtually or in person, regular walk and talks with colleagues from other teams, and a flexible travel policy that enables you to meet colleagues in-person when needed.
- Re:base: Once every few months we meet in person. We believe it's great to still see each other occasionally in real life. We have good discussions, we do workshops, we brainstorm, we have lunches together, and we have fun. We cover travel expenses for sure.
- You are an owner: We offer every employee the opportunity to be enrolled in the employee stock option plan and own a part of the company.
- Personal time off: If you want to recharge and travel the world - there are 27 days of paid holidays.
- Choose your tech: Linux, Windows, or macOS? Laptop or PC? The choice is yours and we will provide what you need.
What colleagues say
- "At deepset, I have regained the joy of being part of a fascinating project with an inspiring vision. The team is a highly talented, enthusiastic, and caring group of human beings. I look forward to helping our experts solve the exciting challenges of providing practical NLP on a large scale.” (Ivan, DevOps Engineer)
- "Joining deepset has been rewarding from day one: I could work right away on challenging, interesting topics at the cutting edge of NLP with a really talented and welcoming team of engineers.” (Sara, NLP Engineer)