3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Carwow’s Research & Design Team are seeking to hire a Lead Marketing Designer with 2+ years of experience in a senior design role. To develop our brand across global markets and grow our customer base of car buyers and sellers, building on a healthy base of 12 million monthly users and 6.9 million YouTube subscribers.
Salary: £55,000 to £70,000
Buying or selling a car shouldn't be difficult! Here at carwow, we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world's best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 300 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal.
Since starting our journey in 2011, we've become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe's most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. We have a remote-first flexible working policy, that allows you the option to work fully remote or in one of our offices in London, Munich and Madrid. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office, although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We're also a curious bunch and benefit from many different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes by working collaboratively and have found many ways to connect virtually and in person as a team.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to get us where we'd like to be but are working hard to get there and have several key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values
here), we'd love you to join us on our journey.
We’re expanding our Research & Design Team, who work across User Research, Marketing and Product. Crafting and developing our brand on touchpoints in end-to-end user experience.
The Lead Marketing Designer reports to our Head of Research & Design, Gareth Thomas. You’ll work directly with senior stakeholders, including our Brand & Communications Director, Meghan Sinclair and collaborate with fellow designers.
The role is a perfect fit for some who have aspirations to shape the direction of our brand. Being a senior creative in the team, you’ll inspire and motivate those around you to deliver greatness. In crafting our visual identity and being the design dedicated lead for large scale marketing campaigns. Including TV advertising, out of home, social media, CRM and digital marketing.
At carwow, we know our people make us who we are. You'll receive coaching and development from our Head of Design and access a personal learning budget, regular 1-2-1s, and wellbeing support.
- Be a brand guardian. Evolve carwow’s visual identity and guidelines. Working with Senior Management to form a long term strategic view in developing, ensuring that it is simple to implement, scalable across channels, and accessible to users to support our best-in-class brand.
- Be collaborative. You’ll partner with Marketing Managers and Designers to be the design lead on marketing campaigns providing clear art direction and helping carwow grow our customer base of car buyers and sellers. From time to time, we use specialist agencies to produce work. You’ll be comfortable liaising and providing direction.
- Be a craft master. You’ll strive for greatness, ensuring a brief is fully explored and pixel-perfect artwork is produced and delivered on time. Working within the team, you’ll inspire other designers and pass on your skills through mentorship.
- Be organised. Working with Marketing Managers, you’ll plan future work by identifying and scoping work. Provide progress updates on initiatives to Senior Management. Be proactive in raising issues and identifying potential solutions.
- Have broad experience within brand or marketing design (circa 6+ years experience, including 2+ years in a senior design role as a guide)
- An excellent varied portfolio that demonstrates design-driven work and superior execution. Work should include initial experimentation, application system thinking and examples of polished artwork, showcasing integrated content across marketing channels.
- Believe in Design thinking by demonstrating how to take complex problems with ambiguity and bring clarity. By empathising with the user's needs, defining specific problems, ideating ideas and delivering outcomes.
- Be a clear communicator, and use storytelling techniques to present creative ideas to designers and senior management. Being open to receiving and giving critical feedback.
- Value people skills, collaborating with marketing folk and designers to organise and deliver initiatives.
- Have a comprehensive tool kit with proficiency in Adobe CC; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects (We’ll coach newbies to use Figma and Notion too). Have a good understanding of the design process for creating and sharing art direction and competent in; digital media, including animation and print production.
What more information on the role?
Here's our candidate pack, how we onboard new designers, our career progression framework and carwow's values; 7 ways to be WOW!
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (MacBook Pro or PC Surface Pro)
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work, travel loan)
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)