A little flex time
Working at Ito World
We’re a mission-driven and diverse team of 80+ people from over 18 countries with a passion for technology and transportation. We’re interested in talented, curious people that share our mission and love data as much as we do.
What we do
At Ito World, we solve transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travellers every day, by delivering real-time transit data feeds to journey planners and a platform for transit authorities and operators. Our clients include Google, Apple, Microsoft and public sector organisations such as the Department of Transport and Transport for West Midlands.
We are looking for a talented developer to join our QA team at Ito World. You will be a Software Development Test Engineer who is experienced working with data automation frameworks for the testing of web application databases and data pipelines. You will need to be a team-player who is able to contribute to our highly-skilled team. You will also have great attention to detail and are passionate about the process of both development and testing.
Ito World has a flexible and remote working culture and will consider applicants that want to work fully remote from anywhere in the UK. We also have an office in Cambridge to accommodate those who prefer to work onsite / hybrid.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the QA Lead, the role will involve:
● Developing a Python test framework to exercise our Transit and Analytics Platforms
● Automated testing of our data pipelines in our data warehousing and realtime products
● Working with the developers to continually improve the quality of our software.
● Getting involved throughout the development process
● Work to ensure best practices are followed around testing standards and strategies.
● Where required assisting with the test effort either through manual or other forms of automated testing
What skills you have
- Experience building automation frameworks (in Python or a similar language)
- Experience building Test Harnesses or bespoke test tools (in python or similar language)
- 2+ years experience in a SDET role or similar
- 2+ years experience with Python and SQL
- Experience of testing high availability real-time APIs and services
- Experience of testing data bases and data streams in multiple formats
- Experience working with data warehouse technology
- Experience using Docker
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies
- A strong desire to get deeply involved, learn new things and identify/fix problem
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and positively manage changes to workload
- Experience with using task management tools (ideally Jira and Zephyr)
- A basic understanding of an agile (Scrum) team
- An ability to learn new products and methodologies quickly and confidently
- Ability to focus on tasks but welcome collaboration and peer review
- Experience testing big data applications
- Assist with manual and automated testing where required
Professional development is an area that is very important to us at Ito World. We understand that access to training and education in the workplace improves prospects for promotion and can help open up future career paths.
We take the time to work with each member of the team and help them to take control of their personal development. This ranges from helping them feel confident when taking on new challenges, to working with them to plan their goals for the future.
To facilitate continuous learning, the team has access to online resources as well as training courses and mentoring. They are also encouraged to share areas of interest with the wider team to help foster a culture of learning.
What we offer
- Flexible & remote working to suit all lifestyles and life stages
- Enhanced pension and health insurance after 2 years' service
- Life Assurance
- 25 days + bank holidays as standard
- Flexible Public Holidays - option to swap up to 5 UK public holidays to celebrate the festival of your choice. Choose an alternative day that fits your personal values, beliefs or celebration calendar better
- New parents take a day off to celebrate your child’s first birthday
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Wellbeing and employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free bike repair service for those that commute by bike
- Free breakfast and snacks when working from the office
- Regular team lunches and team socials
Equity, diversity and inclusion at Ito World
At Ito World we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
By submitting this application you agree to Ito World retaining your personal data on a "legitimate interest" basis. For further details see our privacy statement.