Core hours 11 - 3
As Technical QA Manager, you will be responsible for driving and implementing the automation strategy for a subscription based VR application whose objective is to disrupt fitness in the Metaverse. This will involve building and maintaining automation frameworks while being instrumental to the organisation’s DevOps transition.You will lead the QA Automation function & grow at scale & speed, driving QA strategy across all XFN teams.You will be responsible for setting-up and driving QA/Test management standards for the business which will include mentoring QA team and others to raise the quality bar across the company.
We expect you to have a strong and balanced combination of QA technical (Automation) & people-ops skills. You should be an expert in QA Automation, testing framework and delivery. Through that experience, you will be able to coach, lead and influence our Engineers / technical QA team to create a high-performing and thriving environment.
- Accountable for defining the Automation Test Strategy & leading the Technical QA team to implement test automation across different products.
- Leading , mentoring & coaching the team of SDET who works for the cross functional product teams across the organisation
- Ensuring that the product backend and frontend is thoroughly automated, tested and fully integrated with CI/CD pipelines.
- Liaise and coordinate with Engineering leads and managers to implement and roll out the automation & test integration through Devops CI/CD pipeline.
- Ensuring the product is fully fit for purpose by applying traditional and cutting edge technologies with an Agile mindset.You will have a strong understanding of integrating the automated solutions to test management tools for test executing and reporting.
- Understanding user expectations and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Collaborating with the cross functional teams, ensuring issues and bugs are tested and resolved in a timely manner.
- Looking for opportunities to improve and expand our automation framework and solutions.
- Reviewing application architectures, pair programming & code reviews to improve testability
- Spending at least 10% of your time innovating on the latest test tools & techniques
What you’ll experience:
You will be working with a cross functional teams to build automation test coverage at backend or frontend level with a focus on shift left approach to testing that helps detecting defects early and reduce the overall regression time.
What we think you need to succeed:
You will have a strong understanding of integrating the automated solutions to test management tools for test executing and reporting. You will have worked as a QA/Test Manager for Automation or Technical QA team.
Technical Skill Set:
Note, whilst we understand you may not have the knowledge/ experience of all the technologies mentioned below, we expect that you have working experience or expertise on similar technologies which can be transferable to those listed in this section.
- Strong experience in designing, implementing and working with UI automated test solutions/tools such as Selenium, QTP etc
- Strong experience in BDD frameworks such as Cucumber, Specflow etc
- Strong knowledge of API automation frameworks and testing tools such as Httpclient, RESTsharp, Rest-Assured, Postman, Swagger, SOAPUI etc
- Experience of working in desktop applications automation
- Strong knowledge of System testing, User Interface testing, Acceptance testing and Integration testing
- Good working knowledge of AWS /cloud technologies
- Experience of DynamoDB,AWS SNS and SQS
- Strong programming skills, particularly .Net & understanding of OOP principles and clean code concepts to develop high quality coded tests
- Good understanding of Code integration with repositories such as GIT and SVN
- Experience of DevOps practices, tools and techniques especially around CI/CD with tools such as Jenkin
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes with awareness of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to translate both business and technical requirements into testable scenarios
- Strong Team Management skills
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Strong analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
We are unable to support visa sponsorship at this time
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Remote first: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱£800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget (⛑ Private Health Insurance available within this through our benefits platform)
🏡£400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave