A little flex time
Location: No location restrictions, we hire remotely worldwide 🌍
Language: We operate internally and externally in English (US)
Hours: 40 hours per week for full-time. You're free to choose your own hours as long as there's some overlap during the daytime of our CET team for meetings and other internal cultural events
Restriction: This role is a fixed-term maternity cover, the expected duration is 12-months
Part-time options: We'll consider part-time options for this role, please mention what you're looking for in your application
Level: Junior-Mid (roughly 2-4yrs)
Salary: Starting at €48,750 - €56,500 for full-time
Note: We've defined a salary range for this role based on the level of initiative and experience we're looking for. This isn't the “limit” and there's room for you to grow at Frontastic.
You'll be part of our growing Product team — helping us to shape our component library and extensions within our starters team, which are used to showcase our product for both developers and business users. It’s a great opportunity to work with all aspects of our business, from sales enablement to uphold developers with a great foundation when building commerce sites.
🔥 What you'll be responsible for
- Manage the roadmap for our component library, extensions, and demo site: talk to customers, comprehend their problems, and prioritize this work so your team is always working on the most impactful initiatives
- Think big, scope small, and quickly iterate collectively with your team to make sure that you solve the right problems
- Use your product sense, collectively with a qualitative and data-informed approach to creating components and extensions that developers and business users love
- Inspire your peers and build partnerships across all departments in delivering an excellent product
🤔 What's it like working in our Product team?
”We focus on solving customers' problems. To do that, we have to constantly learn new things. We have to rely on each other, trust each other, and know each other's strengths. The way we work together as a team makes this seem easy and gives a true sense of collaboration.” — Catherine, Product Manager
💪 What you'll accomplish in your first 90-days
- Develop an understanding of our product, its value proposition and differentiation, and how it fits into the current commerce landscape
- Get to know the company, the different teams, and how you can be an ally
- Get to know your cross-functional team, take part in planning, co-working sessions, and other ceremonies
- Get to know our customers by attending customer and prospect meetings and reading notes from previous sessions
- Learn how we sell our product, how your team can contribute to our sales team, and the use cases that need to be reinforced by our demo site
- Assist in the quarterly product review and planning
- Develop the roadmap for our components and extensions collectively with the Chief Product Officer
🧩 You'll likely have this experience
- Experience in planning iterations and writing product briefs that capture the problems you want to solve and the use cases you want to enable
- Previously worked with developers to come up with solution briefs and continuously improve team culture and assess alternative choices
- Familiar with both qualitative and quantitative customer insights especially when it comes to helping the sales team with pitches using the component library and demo site
- Self-assured presenter and facilitator. You can clearly communicate product resolutions and the rationale behind them. Not afraid to go against consensus by asking the right questions.
- Self-starter, looking for pragmatic solutions
- Experience working with structured content and design systems is a plus
👏 We're offering:
- A remote setup and processes tailored for remote workers
- The freedom of planning your work around life and not the other way round — we want you to bring your full self to work, and this includes owning your daily routines
- A company laptop of your choice and a personal budget for any additional equipment you need — you'll be able to purchase it yourself with a virtual company credit card
- A 5-day yearly retreat where we meet with the whole team and spend time together at a beautiful place for additional social bonding
🤝 Our hiring process
We've designed our hiring process with the candidate's experience in mind. This is important to us as we know to build the best product possible, we need the best people. Learn more about our hiring process.
🕒 We aim to respond to all candidates within 72 hours (except on weekends).
1️⃣ Submit your application to our team for review
2️⃣ Discovery call (30min) with Peter, our Chief Product Officer, to discuss the role, our culture, and find out if it's a good alignment with your own preferences and skills
3️⃣ Culture questions (via email) to see how you approach important topics such as growth and work planning
4️⃣ First interview (60min) with Catherine and Natasha, Product Manager and Product Owner for some of our internal teams, to have a deeper discussion about this role as well as find out how you'll make an impact inside the team
5️⃣ Second interview (60min) with Alexandra, Engineering Manager to discuss our engineering teams and cross-functional collaboration
6️⃣ You will be invited to complete a presentation on a specific topic as part of the interview process. You'll have a chance to prepare a 20-minute presentation to a panel of Frontastic product and development team members, followed by a 20 minute Q and A, and then 10-min at the end for candidate questions.
7️⃣ Coffee Break (30min) an informal chat with members of the team to get to know who you'll be working with
👣 About us
We're a fully remote company, and we've been working that way since being founded in 2017.
Frontastic (a commercetools company) is a Composable Frontend Platform that unites business and development teams to build commerce sites on top of headless. Our customers see higher conversion rates, increased developer productivity, and a faster time to market.
we're growing fast and continue to work focused on our mission: Let commerce teams build the incredible. Do you want to be part of this exciting journey?
As of November 2021, Frontastic has officially become part of commercetools, a Series C company valued at ¢1.9bn, and was named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
If you want to learn more about our Composable Frontend Platform, watch our product demo video.
💬 We'd love to hear from you
If you've any questions about the role, email our Talent team at email@example.com. Applications will only be accepted directly through the job application form.
Visit our careers page on our website to find out more about our organization and culture.
Want to know more about commercetools? You can find out more on their website.
If this role isn't for you, but you know of someone who'd be a great fit, we'd really appreciate it if you'd share this role with them!
ℹ️ Equal Opportunities
We're all different and that's what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
Frontastic (a commercetools company) celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We'll assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development, and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.