A little flex time
What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
We have over 230+ talented employees serving over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally. Backed by investors including FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North, Paddle aims to define the next wave of B2B SaaS leaders.
Working as part of Paddle’s InfoSec team, you will drive and implement security best practices across the organisation.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will work across all of Paddle’s products and enterprise IT estate, identifying security issues and opportunities for improvement to help defend Paddle from cybersecurity threats. You will identify security vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement across Paddle, and advise or implement fixes for issues found. You will assist with network and application security engineering functions, taking a holistic view of the threat environment.
What you'll do
- Plan and lead penetration testing and vulnerability scans to identify security issues, then validate mitigations or fixes
- Assist with management of our vulnerability disclosure program
- Review output and generate management reports from tools including Snyk and Lacework to provide a security health/status snapshot
- Set direction for our SIEM capability to drive actionable events and intelligence by identifying relevant data points, and take action on these alerts as appropriate
- Provide training and coaching to engineering colleagues on emerging security trends, and act as a SME on cybersecurity
- Assess all aspects of Paddle’s IT landscape, including infrastructure configuration (Cloudflare and AWS), applications (Go and PHP), and network (physical and cloud) and implement or advise on security improvements
- Gain a broad knowledge of Paddle’s platform and identify opportunities to improve security within our products and enterprise IT environment
- Keep your finger on the pulse with the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape, and guide Paddle to stay ahead of emerging threats
We'd love to hear from you if you are
- Are passionate about IT security, and can leverage your industry experience to assist with improving Paddle’s overall cybersecurity posture as a senior individual contributor
- Can drive your own and others work streams based on high level objectives
- Have experience with OWASP and security tooling, including vulnerability scanning tools such as Burp Suite
- Are familiar with frameworks like NIST CSF and MITRE ATT&CK and can lead threat modelling exercises
- Can translate security issues into tangible business risks, and report on progress against OKRs
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 230 (and growing!) people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
- Exceptional Together
- Execute with impact
- Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from our amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.