Core hours 11 - 3
FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. In 2020 we raised a $7.5 million Series A. This has enabled us to scale, be on track to hit 1M downloads by the end of 2021 and change even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness.
We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
As an Art Director you will be an explorer and ultimately curious. A true pioneer as there is no template or trodden path to follow for this new paradigm of Immersive fitness. Your job is to art direct a metafirst, immersive fitness product. That’s no mean feat.
You will be responsible for generating game changing visual concepts within the world of fitness and Virtual Reality and will set the direction for the appearance of our product. You will be quality obsessed and ensure a high standard of visual execution across the entire product experience.
You will ensure excellence and consistency to create rich interactive experiences to support gameplay and core functionality. You will establish workflows, incremental features and improve visual quality to help us continue building world-class VR experiences. You will inspire and motivate our team to be creatively progressive, through the application of fresh and inventive visual work.
What you'll do
- Manage and lead a team of Artists in our core product and across teams, ensuring the quality of the department’s work is at a high level.
- Provide teams with the right resources (such as concept art, mockups and prototypes) at the right time to meet product goals and guide understanding.
- Work alongside Designers to implement solutions.
- Clearly communicate artistic vision to team and project stakeholders and see the vision through to execution in the game.
- Interact with other disciplines to push our tools and pipelines.
- Provide creative solutions and input on projects.
- Perform within production schedules whilst maintaining high-quality work.
- Help Artists to ensure assets are created correctly for implementation.
- Contribute towards building new workflows and techniques.
- Help deliver prototypes and R&D that ultimately validates design thinking and aesthetics.
- Lead individual artist assignments for projects and tasks, including the review and critique of art assets for specific projects.
You should apply if you have:
- Relevant experience in a similar role with multiple projects shipped.
- A portfolio showcasing your artwork.
- The ability to work autonomously in a timely manner.
- Solid understanding of art production in Unity and/or Unreal Engine.
- Great knowledge of art tools such as 3DsMax, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance and Unity.
- Deep understanding of Production Art and current trends.
- Experience creating documentation, briefs, guidelines and concepts to support, hold and develop the vision.
- Strong problem-solving skills and troubleshooting.
- A solid understanding of animation, composition and colour.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to various audiences to all levels of seniority, from C-level to contributors.
- Proven ability to balance working across projects to define, manage and prioritise work effectively.
- Good communication and attitude towards feedback and collaboration.
- Experience managing or leading Art teams.
- Ability to implement data-driven holistic solutions for the product.
- Experience balancing product, development and user-driven objectives to contribute to the product strategy.
- Exceptional ability to optimise projects without compromising visual quality.
- Experience working in a Scrum environment and on multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability in secondary areas such as Project Management.
- Previous AR/VR experience is a plus.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Remote first: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱£800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget (⛑ Private Health Insurance available within this through our benefits platform)
🏡£400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave
Apply for this job