Remote-first - We meet both in / out of the London office occasionally
Fully flexible hours
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.
The Global Product Partnerships team at TrueLayer accelerates the growth and innovation at TrueLayer by driving strategic partnerships to expands its geographic and product offering. The Bank Partnerships Manager will build an ecosystem of partnerships with financial institutions that help evolve our products. For clarity, this is not a sales role. This is a product- and expansion focused role.
In this role, you’ll work closely with Product and Commercial teams to identify new strategic partnership opportunities with banks and financial service providers. You will be the conduit between the banks we partner with and various stakeholders at TrueLayer - including Product, Engineering, Legal, Finance, and Sales. The role requires strong cross-functional collaboration, a highly strategic mindset, and an ability to build deep external relationships. You are no stranger to long, complex deals and can effectively operate under uncertainty and high-stakes situations.
This is an exciting role for someone with both banking and commercial experience who wants to help shape the future of TrueLayer, and directly impact our global expansion and product development strategy.
- Source and develop deep relationships with our bank and financial institution partners, exploring and negotiating joint commercial opportunities - which can deliver new products to our customers, as well as new geographies;
- Lead complex negotiations and deliver bilateral commercial and legal agreements;
- Manage our existing bank relationships and actively engage with our key partners;
- Serve as subject matter expert in your market(s) to help set the product roadmap and strategy
- Work with our Product and Engineering teams to understand the technical complexity of your proposed deals;
- Directly contribute to the product roadmap with internal and external stakeholders;
- 5+ year experience in a business development role either selling to high-street banks and/or working at a major bank
- Knows how best to work with large banks, and ideally has good relationships already in place
- Experience with very long and complex deal cycles
- Good understand of the payments space
- World-class presentation and relationship building skills
- Can build compelling pitches and narratives to get buy-in
- Proficient in building financial models and pricing proposals
- Able to manage multiple cross-functional stakeholders internally and externally, both technical and non-technical
- Fluent in Spanish
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A €200 remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👧
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- €1,200 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).