At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we’re building the first patient-centred communication platform. Our products help doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators, carers and anyone else involved in a patient's care to communicate easily with patients and with each other. We believe this will transform how healthcare is delivered, improving patient outcomes, improving staff morale and increasing the efficiency of health systems.
Our products have 98% adoption in GP practices and we are investing into other areas of healthcare (hospitals, pharmacies, care homes). By making messaging easier, we’re making more of medicine asynchronous, from simple consultations to getting advice from hospital specialists, saving time and making it easier for staff to communicate.
We stay close to our users with everyone visiting a GP practice at least twice a quarter to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here.
Life as an Engineering Manager at accuRx
As an Engineering Manager, your job is to create an environment for other Engineers to thrive and grow at accuRx. This breaks down into some key areas:
- Learning and development: You'll help us ensure that engineers feel challenged, that they can learn both on and off the job effectively and there's a mixture of planned learning (like masterclasses/lightning talks) and day to day learning (code reviews, pair programming.
- Onboarding: Getting up to speed in new codebases in new industries can be really hard at the best of times. You'll help us support people from moment of signing through to their successful probation so they start shipping code that affects millions fast.
- Performance and progression: Whilst we have performance reviews every 6 months, we know that as we grow the team will need a more formal progression framework to support different career moves. You'll help us craft this and check it meets the needs of all our Engineers and our standards on diversity and inclusion.
- Engineering management culture: Building a brilliant management function at accuRx has always been something close to our hearts, and engineering is no different. You'll help us take the accuRx values and instil them into everything we do as Engineers.
- Interviewing: Scaling up and out our interview process so we can continue to attract a diverse talent pool is crucial. You'll help us build out a repeatable interview framework to support the hiring of the next 100 engineers into the business.
What the team say ...,
Emma - Product Engineer
"For me the best thing about the Engineering team at accuRx is how willing everyone is to share knowledge and help each other - we spend lots of time pair programming and I always feel comfortable asking engineers in my team for help!"
Calum - Engineering Manager
"Hiring an Engineering Manager is incredibly important to ensure we provide an environment for our Engineers to thrive!"
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You have experience in managing Product / Software Engineering teams
- You care deeply about people and their professional development
- You obsess over company culture and values and bringing those into everything we do as engineers
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're passionate about improving healthcare
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary and benefits package
Our package includes:
- £70,000 - £115,000 salary + meaningful share options (see our public progression framework and salary bandings).
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
Read more about our benefits here.
Check us out on Instagram to see what life at accuRx is really like!
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our company handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at accuRx 🤩
Diversity & Inclusion
accuRx is committed to being an inclusive employer and, as part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.