Remote-first - We meet both in / out of the London office occasionally
Fully flexible hours
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.
TrueLayer’s Commercial team is responsible for the entire sales cycle of our customers. We ensure clients are given a world-class service with the utmost trust and diligence and to create an experience of using TrueLayer’s products which exceeds their expectations.
We’re looking for a commercial leader who sees the big picture of where financial technology and more specifically Open Banking is headed within the Wealthtech sector. This is an incredible opportunity to lead the UK’s leading Open Banking provider in the wealthtech industry.
As Head of Ecommerce, you will:
- Be responsible for driving new revenue growth within the Wealthtech sector;
- Define the Wealthtech strategy in collaboration with marketing to build pipeline and optimise conversion of prospects;
- Leverage your team of Account Executives and Sales Development Representatives to nurture, qualify, negotiate and close business in line with team targets;
- Work in partnership with the Sales Integration team to optimise prospect integration experience and conversion;
- Make sense of a nascent but rapidly utilised technology for Wealthtech businesses;
- Leverage your industry knowledge and network to develop relationships with strategic clients;
- Use data to accurately, measure and report sales KPIs;
- Be the voice of the client in internal product discussions, and influence future product features and developments;
- Work with the Client Success team to ensure a seamless client experience during their on-boarding;
- Be TrueLayer’s voice in the Wealthtech industry by being a thought leader on all things Open Banking and how it relates to Wealthtech
- Working with the Talent team to attract, interview and hire the best talent for both the Growth team, and TrueLayer as a whole;
- Constantly innovate ways to drive the performance of the Growth Team.
What we expect from you:
- Have at least 10+ years of experience leading and managing teams selling to Wealthtech companies on behalf of a FinTech, SaaS, Tech or Payments company;
- Have outstanding communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills - you’re in your element talking to technical and non-technical decision-makers at the highest level;
- Are very data-driven, and can back up their assertions with data;
- Are technically curious, and love understanding clients’ products and businesses;
- Enjoy rolling their sleeves up, and can deliver work under pressure in a fast-paced company.
Nice to haves:
- Have a strong interest in the OpenBanking, PSD2, payments and data;
- Professional fluency in Spanish, French, German or Italian;
- Experience of using the MEDDIC sales methodology
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A £150 remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👧
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world 🌍
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).