Remote-first - We meet both in / out of the London office occasionally
Fully flexible hours
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by established names like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new regions all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
Security is a core pillar across all TrueLayer’s products. Building, maintaining and monitoring our security infrastructure, as well as championing best security practices across the business, they empower both their colleagues and our clients, and ensure the availability, stability and security of our platform.
We’re looking for an Application Security Lead to join our security team to shape and mature our approach to building secure applications. You’ll own the process and partner with engineering teams building scalable security solutions and embedding security processes from design through to release.
We aim to empower our engineers with best-in-class technologies and the opportunity to have meaningful impact. As part of an ambitious team you’ll be given hands on exposure to the latest technologies and practices and entrusted with crucial responsibilities and decisions, playing a key part in securing our products as we continue to grow.
What you will do:
- Establish security early in the design process, be involved in threat modelling our services during the design phase, to ensure a culture of secure design and execution is in place in engineering teams;
- Help shape engineering best practice through, common libraries and performing source code reviews of our projects;
- Identify and own the tooling and process to integrate application security testing into our CI/CD pipeline;
- Work with the security team to educate engineers on emerging technologies trends and threats;
- Line manage the engineers in your team, coaching and mentoring them to help them achieve their career goals;
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering teams to ensure that security requirements are taken into account in roadmaps, and security processes is embedded into teams;
- Work with other Engineering Leads to deliver cross organisation security initiatives;
- Own the delivery for your team, identifying potential blockers early and working to reduce their impact.
- Improve and drive application security monitoring;
We’re looking for people who
- Have a strong background within application security;
- Are experienced working in modern development environments: we practice CI/CD and host everything in the cloud;
- Strong knowledge of threat modelling processes, and have experience of embedding this within engineering teams;
- Have good knowledge of applied cryptography and authentication (OAuth);
- Can create and improve processes that embed security in the SDLC;
- Are proficient with scripting languages, and one object-oriented programming language;
- Have a talent for conveying highly technical security concepts and training to colleagues of technical and non-technical backgrounds.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience managing engineers;
- An understanding of the technical architecture of open banking;
- A blog, GitHub account and/or bug bounty findings that demonstrate your experience;
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Docker from a user and/or security perspective;
- Experience working in a .Net or Rust environment.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home and our incredible offices in London Milan Sydney and Dublin
- A remote-working budget to help set up your home office
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4%
- Private Health Insurance from the day you start
- 12 fully-paid Wellbeing Days a year (on top of the holiday allowance)
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).