Remote-first - We meet both in / out of the London office occasionally
Fully flexible hours
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.
The Payments team at TrueLayer are pushing the boundaries of the payments industry with a new and exciting payment method that is breaking down the card scheme monopolies. If you love to build industry changing technology, you will feel at home in the Payments team.
We’re looking for a curious and innovative full-stack engineer to join our Merchant Experience team and build a payments management console (Dashboard). Working in a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers and designers, you’ll be creating solidly-coded, elegant products which will contribute to the growth of our platform as we scale globally.
Working at a rapidly growing fintech, you’ll encounter new and exciting challenges as we scale our products and infrastructure to meet the demands of our customers, and expand our ecosystem to open up new possibilities. Guided by our Engineering Principles, you’ll collaborate on the design, implementation, delivery and operation of our products — in short: you’ll build it, you’ll run it!
In addition to working with modern development frameworks and cloud technologies, we are committed to helping you develop new skills and advance in your career. Whether you want to continue to grow your technical expertise or move into leadership, we have clear and tangible paths for everyone, irrespective of your level of experience, role or discipline.
As one of our Full Stack engineers, you will:
- Work in our cross-functional Merchant Experience team, collaborating with world-class Designers, Engineers and Product Managers to deliver developer and end user-facing features across the TrueLayer platform;
- Own new product features, from breaking down requirements to planning tasks for you and your team, and shipping to production rapidly and regularly;
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Experience Designers and Engineers to iterate on the design and implementation of our products;
- Conduct code reviews and share knowledge with other engineers to maximise everyone’s potential and growth;
- Contribute to our culture, and help make sure TrueLayer remains an exceptional place to work.
- Experience building and styling responsive cross-browser web applications with React or similar UI Libraries
- Experience building APIs in any backend programming language (we use C# .NET core & Rust)
- A keen eye for good UX;
- Familarity with cross-browser compatibility and accessibility issues;
- A product mindset and are excited by what we are building - you care about customer outcomes and you want to make data-informed decisions.
We’d be particularly excited if you have:
- Familiarity with End to End testing tools (Cypress);
- Experience with data visualization or charting tools (d3, google charts).
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, transparent environment in which you can be your true self, learn and grow 🌳
- Attend conferences and training courses using our learning & development allowance (€1200/yr) 📚
- Flexible hours ⌛
- Both remote and office working, with 20% of your time spent in our Milan office 🏡 Note: we're 100% remote during the pandemic
- A one-off contribution of €200 to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy — minimum 24 days. If you need more, just ask ✈️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of your holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Generous parental leave above and beyond statutory requirements, for either parent 👩👩👦
- €600 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our HQ London office
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- Meal vouchers for every day you’re working, including while remote
- CCNL Commercio terziario e distribuzione servizi
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).