Remote-first - We meet both in / out of the London office occasionally
Fully flexible hours
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by established names like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new regions all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
TrueLayer was born in the Cloud. By building, maintaining and monitoring our Cloud infrastructure, as well as championing DevOps practices across the business, our Cloud Engineers use automation to empower their colleagues to rapidly ship code to production, and build stable API platforms which are powering the new era of financial innovation.
We’re looking for a well-rounded DevOps Engineer who loves solving infrastructure problems with exceptionally high engineering quality. At TrueLayer, we believe in “You built it, you own it!” Your job will be to ensure all product teams can operate independently on our infrastructure. You will help instill a culture of observability where systems behaviour is visible across the board through metrics and tracing.
Our Cloud Engineers will be given hands-on exposure to the latest technologies and practices including Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus and more. They’ll be joining, and empowering, a world-class engineering team delivering products that are driving innovation in a fast-changing industry.
As a DevOps Engineer you will:
- Deal with every part of a complex, modern and global cloud infrastructure;
- Use infrastructure-as-code (primarily terraform) to provision, build services and organise our cloud resources;
- Troubleshoot and continuously monitor infra-level issues such as networking and access;
- Take ownership across the team to ensure the availability of our infrastructure - no one should be afraid of breaking things in production;
- Help maintain and scale the security and reliability of our infrastructure.
Voluntary On-Call Duty
While being on call is a fantastic learning experience, we understand being on call out of hours is not for everyone, so at TrueLayer it’s voluntary. If interested, you can train with, and join, our on-call rota, which will involve compensated rotations of:
- Being On-Call to respond to critical incidents affecting the availability of our platform
- Identifying, mitigating and resolving root causes of such incidents
- Coordinating our response to potentially major incidents, and being an active voice in postmortem/root cause analysis discussions to prevent future problems.
What we need from you:
- Experience with at least one cloud platform ideally AWS;
- Have demonstrable knowledge using Terraform to provision infrastructure;
- Have some experienced with orchestration systems like Kubernetes;
- Can demonstrate solid knowledge of automation and CI/CD paradigms;
- Ability to build infrastructure with security in mind;
- Have proficiency with at least one scripting language.
We’d be particularly excited if you have:
- Specific experience with high-volume, highly available platforms;
- Rancher knowledge;
- Experience with globally distributed architectures;
- Good networking knowledge;
- A GitHub profile we can view.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home and our incredible offices in London Milan Sydney and Dublin
- A remote-working budget to help set up your home office
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4%
- Private Health Insurance from the day you start
- 12 fully-paid Wellbeing Days a year (on top of the holiday allowance)
- Membership of mental Wellbeing platform Spill
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).