Remote-first - We meet both in / out of the London office occasionally
Fully flexible hours
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.
TrueLayer is looking for a results-oriented, go-to-market focused Country Manager to join our commercial team in Italy.
The Country Manager will be responsible for all revenue generating processes within TrueLayer in Italy. The role is responsible for the performance, strategy, and alignment of the local organisation’s revenue operations. This individual will be accountable for the performance of all commercial functions within the organisation, including Sales, Business Development, Marketing, and Customer Success on a global scale. From an organisational stand point the person will report into the CRO, have the sales team report directly to them; supporting functions like marketing, customer success, and sales integration will have a dotted line to the Country Manager in Italy.
Additionally while this role will not be responsible for the direct management of non sales functions like client care, finance and people operations, the Country Manager will own and oversee the overall success of the region.
This dedicated leader will work effortlessly to ensure that their team is focused and aligned with the company’s growth targets. The Country Manager will be an experienced and efficient leader with excellent people and management skills, a proven track record of commercial deals, business acumen, and an exemplary work ethic. The ideal individual will have a long history of building strong customer relationships, coupled with the market know-how to specify, strategise, and define opportunities.
What you will do:
- Be a leader and a member of the Commercial leadership Team. You will lead the delivery of the Company Strategy in Italy with the support of the HQ team
- Drive growth by appropriately developing TrueLayer’s go-to-market strategy and scaling local functions
- Propel sales and business development leadership to develop and implement revenue driving strategies, which create long-term customer and business value
- Build a winning sales team and organisation through hiring and inspiring team members
- Collaborate with marketing leadership to create and execute winning marketing strategies to drive profitable growth
- Work with product leadership to identify local product gaps and influence new product release for the Italian market
- Inspire customer success leadership to define and deliver on the customer value proposition
- Maintain a customer-first and product-focused approach
- Build and scale your local team while being comfortable with resolving conflict, addressing issues, and solving problems in a practical and healthy manner and in a fast growing environment
- Create accountability within the company by developing appropriate metrics and performance expectations for the team you manage in Italy
- Foster, promote, and develop our inclusion & diversity initiatives, and thus ensuring your team have a proportionate number of men and women including those from minority backgrounds in Italy
What we need from you:
- 8+ years of experience leading and managing client oriented revenue generating functions
- A demonstrable track record in Sales, Business Development, and Client Success including leading and growing teams of leading product companies in relevant industries
- Extensive experience working within a Financial Technology or Payment Infrastructure company
- Understanding of developer oriented and API based products and effective go-to-market strategies
- Show strong technical knowledge to ask questions about technical and product decisions
- Demonstrate the ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Be metrics driven - you love backing up assertions with data, but aren’t afraid to make important decisions without waiting on the complete picture
- Be passionate about seeing your teams growing and help them develop new skills and advance in their careers, in an environment that’s both challenging and supportive
- Demonstrate clear communication - both written and spoken, you can build consensus around your ideas and convey information effectively
- Lead by example, and love to empower your teammates to do their best work
Nice to haves:
- Existing experience as a leader in early stage startups and small teams
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, transparent environment in which you can be your true self, learn and grow 🌳
- Attend conferences and training courses using our learning & development allowance (€1200/yr) 📚
- Flexible hours ⌛
- Both remote and office working, with 20% of your time spent in our Milan office 🏡
- A one-off contribution of €200 to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy — minimum 24 days. If you need more, just ask ✈️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of your holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Generous parental leave above and beyond statutory requirements, for either parent 👩👩👦
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- Meal vouchers for every day you’re working, including while remote
- CCNL commercio (contratto collettivo nazionale di lavoro)
- €600 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our HQ London office
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).