Remote-first - We meet both in / out of the London office occasionally
Fully flexible hours
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by established names like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new regions all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
At TrueLayer, we want the financial system to work for everyone — so we've made it our mission to open up access and put fintech at people's fingertips. As an API platform, TrueLayer deeply cares about its identity.
Our mission is to build a recognisable brand and a consistent experience. To make this a reality we have built “Prisma” — our own Design System.
Prisma is a component library and brand guidelines documentation tool that simplifies and standardises brand and UX/UI practices across the whole organisation. From our API interfaces to our marketing campaigns and collateral — almost everything in TrueLayer is built with Prisma to guarantee a set of recurring patterns that remove cognitive load from the user journey and build better experiences.
We’re looking for a curious and innovative full stack engineer to join our Prisma team and bridge the gap between design and engineering to enhance productivity. Working in a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers and designers, you’ll be creating solidly-coded components/tools which will contribute to the growth of our platform as we scale globally.
In addition to working with modern development frameworks and cloud technologies, we are committed to helping you develop new skills and advance in your career. Whether you want to continue to grow your technical expertise or move into leadership, we have clear and tangible paths for everyone, irrespective of your experience, role or discipline.
As a Senior Full Stack engineer, you will:
- Develop new scaffolding tools which will allow our clients to focus on developing their unique business features
- Develop new components/themes to be adopted by a growing number of clients and increase their productivity
- Develop new best practices/guides to lead our clients down the right track
- Develop tools/standards to increase the quality of our Design System
- Define and build critical architecture that scales with the number of clients using our design system
- Work in our cross-functional Prisma team, collaborating with world-class Designers, Engineers and Product Managers to deliver developer-facing features across the TrueLayer platform
- Own new features, developing iteratively and shipping to production daily
- Collaboratively iterate on the design and implementation of our Design System
- Lead code reviews and mentor engineers to maximise their potential and growth
- Help shape our engineering culture and make sure TrueLayer remains an exceptional place to work
What we need from you:
- Experience building and styling responsive cross-browser web applications with React
- Experience building scalable libraries
- A keen eye for good user experience
- Good understanding of SOLID principles and software development best practices
- Ability to evaluate, and implement various testing strategies depending on the situation
- A drive to continually improve processes, code quality and enjoyment within the team
Nice to haves:
- Have used end to end testing tools such as Cypress, Playwright, Puppeteer or Selenium
- Are experienced with device testing (e.g BrowserStack)
- Familiarity with web accessibility guidelines and best practice
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A £150 remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👧
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
About our hiring process:
Our hiring process typically consists of four stages:
Full details on the interview process, including preparation tips and the qualities we look for in future TrueLayeristas, can be found on our blog.
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).